Izuku Midoriya

Izuku Midoria P.O.V

I was born into pain and suffering. Only a few people are born with wings growing out of their backs. I was one of these lucky few. If you didn't read the word lucky with sarcasm, read that again. Once you love someone, your feathers will start to fall from the monstrous wings I have on my back. This causes them to bleed and eventually die, a slow, painful death. I've never been in love, but I know that I will one day, and I will die. There is a procedure to remove the wings, but not only does it cost a fortune, you will lose the feelings for the person you love the most in this world.

Since my mom is only a simple shop worker, we never had enough for more than the essentials. My mom felt guilty about not being able to do anything, so I would always act happy around her. I couldn't burden her with my feelings when she already felt bad enough about the fact that I was born with a curse. A curse that I couldn't control.

Pushing up out of bed, I go to my small dresser and I pull out my clothes for the day. I settled on a green shirt made of a soft silk my mother got for my birthday a few months earlier. I put on my black pants and my red sneakers I've had for a few years now. Pulling a light brown cloak over my small, white wings and fluffy green hair, I am ready for a day of adventure! My outfit may not match, but it was comfortable for my job, if you could call it that. Like I said, we never had enough for more than the essentials, so I had to manage for myself. I would go to the town and steal small things. Nothing bigger than my fist so I could hide objects easily. My mom didn't know about the fact that I steal for money. She thinks I have a job at a local blacksmith shop. Selling small things like necklaces, bracelets, rings, watches, and random trinkets that look like the could be expensive. "Mom, Im leaving!" I call in her direction towards the kitchen where she resides. "Okay sweetie! Be careful!" "I will!" I replied, closing the door behind me and making my way to the town ahead. The walk was nice, the sun beating down on my pale, freckled face. The wind felt great against my sweaty forehead, it being August around the hottest time of year. Today was special though. The prince of Sadona, Shoto Todoroki was coming to the town. People put out their finest selling items in hopes to be noticed and bought by royalty. Some will overprice items to make big money, while others do it for bragging rights. This is good and bad for me, because it means that expensive items are out in the open, but peoples guard is up ten times more than usual. If I ran into the prince with stolen items anywhere near me, I would be done for. I would probably be sentenced to life in prison, working in the castle for the rest of my life, or be sentenced to death. Not that my life will be lived long anyways. I doubt I'll run into the prince in the first place. The town is so big, one person walking around the whole thing would be almost impossible.

Walking towards the place I'm most familiar with, I look at this merchants table. Its covered with hand carved wooden figures. After stealing one of these a few months ago, I can guess that they would be worth about 10 dollars. I decide against taking one and instead just glance at them before walking away. Instead of getting three or four items like usual, I decide to get just one. With every ones guard high, I can be almost positive that there will be someone watching my every move. Walking down a little further, I notice tables with assorted rings, trinkets, jewels, and silky fabric used to make designer outfits. I look sketchy walking around with my hood up and a cloak over my back, but I cant show my face or wings. It would be a better description on my part if I was described as having a cloak on instead of a freckled, green haired boy, with unmissable white wings on my back. I would be noticed in a heartbeat. Looking down at a merchants table I don't recognize, I see the perfect object. A small diamond ring. It's just small enough to be easy to steal while also being very expensive. I pick it us and examine it closely. The diamond glistens in the sunlight, almost blinding. After looking at it for a while I look back at the merchant. He had ash blonde hair, and piecing red eyes. His glare was a little scary, he was watching me closely. In order to get away with this and lose his death glare that seems to be paralyzing I come up with an old excuse to get his attention. Looking to the side opposite of where I would run, I say "Is that prince Todoroki?" He quickly looks towards the direction I was looking for a few seconds as I run as fast as my legs can take me.

He doesnt notice that I ran off until he looks back to where I was standing moments before . It takes him a second before he realizes that I'm not standing there anymore. He also quickly realises that I stole the ring. Instead of getting one of the gaurds to run after me, he starts to run after me himself. This only causes me to run faster, running through the columns of small shops and ramming directly into someone.

Someone I didn't want to run into.

Someone I didn't think I would see.

Prince Todoroki