Does He Love Me?

Todoroki's P.O.V

I can't sleep. After I accidentally pulled Midoriya's cloak off, I couldn't help but gasp. He had small, white wings laying flat on his back, as if he was trying to blend them in with the rest of his back. He ran down the hallway, stopping at a room that was set up for him, and locked the door. I contemplated knocking on the door to see if he was okay, but decided against it. He is probably so mad at me. Maybe even disappointed. I sighed in front of his door about to knock and decided to try and get some sleep.

As I was on my way back to my room, I noticed a small white feather on the hard wood floors. Picking it up and examining it closely, I see a small amount of blood at the end of it. It looked like a quill dipped in ink. I decided to take it back to my room. Opening the door I set the feather on my bedside table, the clock reading 11:56, before I flop on the bed. I stared at the ceiling for a long time, deep in thought. I had so many questions, but I know if I ask him, he might run away again.

"Maybe the wings are inherited?"

"Is it painful to have wings?"

"Does he have to hide them?"

"Or is it a choice?"

"Regret? Does he regret hiding them?"

"Is it natural to loose feathers?"

"You would think having wings was cool."

"Are the wings able to be removed?"

I decided against asking Midoriya about the many questions I had. I don't know why he was so sensitive over this topic, because I don't know a lot about people with wings myself. I was aware that very few people had them in this world had them. That's pretty much all I know, so I was confused as to why he was hiding them from me. Was it because he thought I would think he is a freak? I find it quite cool, because it must be something rare to have. I've never seen anyone else walk around with them. I wonder why? Grabbing my laptop off or my wooden desk, I walk back to my plush bed and sat down. Looking at the feather I sat down on my bedside table, the small clock now reading 12:04 next to it, I look at it closer. It was a sizeable feather, not a small fuzzy one. It had a small shine to it, but the color was a plain white. Setting it down next to my laptop I try to look up different things. 'Let's start simple' I think as I start to look up a google term titled "winged people".

So I was right about it being a rare thing. It's called a disease on many websites. Its one that can't be helped though. Anyone who has wings is born with them. I scroll farther down.

"What does it mean unlovable?" I question out loud, wondering what that could possibly mean. He seemed so sweet when we were talking earlier. Reading down farther I can't help but feel bad for him. And I now know why he hides them. I was showing him affection. He doesn't need affection, it could kill him. Reading down further I thought there might be hope for him. But I was wrong. There was mentions of surgery to get the wings removed, but the person who caused all of the feathers to fall, won't have the same feelings. These wings were a curse that he couldn't control . How do you not show affection to somebody. Closing my laptop and setting it back in it's original spot on my desk, I flop on my bed. The clock on my bedside table now reads 12:23 a.m. I need to get to bed. But I can't. After all of the research I had done, I had one question.

"Does he like me?"