A Talk With Mom

Midoriya's P.O.V

   The door swings open, my mom obviously not expecting visitors. I didn't tell her I would come in case Shoto wouldn't let me come by. It turned  out good because he just followed behind me instead of dragging me somewhere. My mom immediately ingulfed me in a hug, pressing very hard against my back, not bothering to hold back tears. It's only been three days but so much has changed. I became a castle prisoner, fell in love with the prince, and am in the process of slowly dying. It took everything in me not to cry out in pain, her hands pressed firmly on my wings. Letting go, she looks behind me and instantly stands a little taller. Letting out a little laugh, Shoto bowed slightly himself. My mom just stared back flustered. "I see where you get it from." he whispered in my ear, making myself flustered as well. He wasn't wrong.

  "Well, What brings you here Izuku?" Just wanted to visit with my mom. "Me and Sho- Prince Todoroki wanted to go to town, so I accompanied him and told him you live here. He insisted we stop by." I lied through my teeth. I slipped up on his name, I just hope she doesn't notice. "Well, such a lovely surprise. Please, come in." Walking in I can smell the familiar scent of baked goods and roses. It has really only been a few days but I sure do miss this place.

   My mom was walking into the kitchen while I went straight into the living room, I sit on the dust crusted couch. Realizing that it was almost embarrassing seeing as the prince or our kingdom is in my old living room. "It's very homey." He  says, his voice almost calm as he inhales the sweet scent. Sitting beside me, he slides his hand behind the cape to feel my blood drenched wings. "I knew something was up the second she hugged you. You have to tell her before she finds out herself. I'll help you tell her if you want."  "That would be amazing" I respond, standing up and grabbing his hand. "Here, I'll give you a grand tour." I said, trying to impersonate Kirishima, but failing miserably. Earning a small laugh, he grabs my hand and lets me lead the way. I show him around the other smaller rooms before we get to mine.

   It was a smaller room, a twin sized mattress on the floor with a grey comforter over it. I never bothered to ask for room decorations, so the walls were still bare, the creamy white color of the walls wrapped all the way around my room. There was a small closet that was most  likely empty the day they had come to tell my mom my fate and collect my clothes. Shoto's face showed no sign of surprise or shock so I figured that was a good sign. "I know, It's not the best room in the world...pretty grand tour of me huh!" I tried joking around again, not getting the usual laugh. Instead he turned to me and looked almost sad. "If I knew you and your mom had so little I would have helped more. I was only able to see the kitchen for a short amount of time." The kitchen was really the only nice spot in the house. It had the newer kitchen appliances than most houses have. "It isn't your fault. If anything it's mine." I said, walking into the room and sitting on the rather uncomfortable bed. "If I wasn't so weak, I could have had a real job. Instead I started to steal. This is all on me." I couldn't jokingly laugh anymore, it came out as a small chuckle instead of the usual giggle I had. "You aren't weak. You are the strongest person I know. You are sitting here, already in so much pain from your wings and you're acting like it's nothing. You can't tell me it doesn't hurt either. You are bleeding right now. Let me help you. Do you have another cloak?" "I think there might be one in the storage closet in the bathroom. I'll be back."

   Walking out of the room and into the bathroom I reach for the doorknob. There was only one cloak left, it looked in similar color to my other one. Pulling the light brown cloak off the hanger, I walk back to my room, running into my mom. "Hey, I made some tea. It's almost finished. I'll come get you once it's done." "Okay." I  respond running back to my room before she could question me about the cloak. Walking back into the room, I wince as I sit on the hard wood floors. Coming up from behind me, he unties the cloak before taking it off revealing the bloodstained wings underneath. It was a lot worse that I thought it was, the pain going numb and tingly. He gasped and his hand started shaking. "I know it looks bad. There isn't anything we can do." I said sadly, knowing how bad he must feel. This isn't his fault though.

   Taking the already dirty cape, he wipes it against my wings. It hurt like hell but at least most of the blood was off. He walked over to my bed and set the red cloak on the floor. "Hey Izuku the tea is rea-" 

                                                                  Crap

   My mom comes rushing over to look at my wings closer. Again, she doesn't hold back tears and takes me into her arms. What was he point of holding back tears now? I buried my face in her shoulder hugging her softly. Shoto just stood there, the brown cloak in his hands, looking at us sadly. "How long has it been like this?" she asks, tears still flowing down her naturally pink face as we stand. "A couple days, I think it was the day I left." I answer, her face becoming red and more tears start flowing. I come over and hug her again, before pulling back. Sho takes this time to take the cloak and drape it over my shoulders. I wince again at the sweet gesture as a clump of feathers fall to the floor. He just hugs me lightly from behind, trying his best not to hurt me anymore. My mom gives me a knowing glance, connecting the pieces before I had to tell her. "Well, that was one way for her to find out." Shoto said, trying to lighten the mood, making us both chuckle. "Let's go to the living room to talk. We need to talk."