I Didn't Get To Say Goodbye

Midoriya's P.O.V

Kirishima walked in my room with a plate for me. I'm guessing this was some kind of lunch because I didn't feel like leaving my room. I didn't understand why he said I was his friend. Was he dating me out of pity? Did he even care about me? "Hey, are you okay?" Kirishima said. "Y-yeah I'm good." I said, trying to put on a smile. "I know you're really sad right now. And you have all the reason to be upset. You don't have to smile." he said, sitting down on my bed, the plate sat on my bed side desk.

He pulled my into a small hug, letting me cry into his shoulder. I'm glad we were friends because I don't know what else I would be doing right now. Pulling away from his loose grip he speaks again. "You need to eat okay?" He took the plate and handed it to me, watching me at least take a bite of food before walking to the door. Before he left he looked at me and quietly said "Just hear him out." before closing the door behind him.

Continuing to eat and wonder what he said, I see a piece of paper on the tray. Picking it up and unfolding it I read the words scribbled in Shotos' handwriting.

Dear Izuku,

I am so sorry for what I said earlier today. I never explained why I did what I did and you deserve an apology. My father isn't exactly the kindest person when it comes to love. I called you my friend because I knew that he would be completely outraged if I told him I was your boyfriend. I see you as my boyfriend and hope you see me the same way. I really do love you Izuku. So hopefully, when Kirishima comes back to your room he can explain my plans.

xoxo, Shoto

Right as I finished reading the note, Kirishima came through the wooden door and sat on my bed, a small smile playing on his lips. "So, I'm guessing you read the note. What do you say, are you in?" He questions, his eyes glistening with hope and joy. "I am okay with meeting up with him. I get where he is coming from." I say, smiling for the first time for a few hours. "Good. We planned on having it on your room. At eight, I will watch the guards by the stairs while Todoroki sneaks out of his room and into your. Leave your door unlocked so he can get in easily. He will bring the food for dinner so all you have to do is get ready Okay? I will have to get out of here before the others get suspicious. He will see you at eight." he says, standing up and running to the door, before opening and closing it right back.

Standing up from the bed, I decide that I need a shower. Going to my dresser, I pick out a pair of black pants, a white shirt and a green bunny hoodie. Walking into the bathroom, I turn the water to a warm temperature before stripping my clothes and bandages before jumping in. I spend about thirty minutes in the shower, my hair, body, and wings all in need of a good wash. Jumping out of the shower, I dry myself with the fluffy towel, traces of dark red blood soaking it. Grabbing another towel, I shake it on my head, the water droplets sliding down the locks of my hair on the ground. Pulling on my clothes, I go back to my room, grabbing the note from earlier and my phone. Setting them both on the granite counter, I turn on some music.

Reading over the note again, I can't help think about him. He sacrificed his everything for me. I was probably his first everything. We had the most special moments together. And to think that I ruined that with a simple misunderstanding. Letting a single tear fall, along with a single feather, a sharp pain shoots through my back, the clock reading 7:53 as I collapse to the floor.

Todoroki's P.O.V

Kirishima came in only a few minutes after our previous talk with a smile plastered all over his face. "He said he wants to see you at eight!" he squeals in delight, more excited at the news than I was. And believe me, I was excited. "That's amazing! I need ideas for food. What do you think?" I question, really needing advice, the time already 6:57. I have about an hour to get ready and be in his room. "Don't worry about the food. I will have the halls cleared by 7:55 giving you a clear path to his door without getting suspicious. He is expecting eight. Don't arrive early, be on time, that way you have a definite clear path. I will have a basket of food outside of your room. Don't stress about this too much. He seems really happy to talk to you." he said walking towards the door. "Now get ready! It's already 7:03." he said exiting the room and closing the door behind him. Going to my closet to look for clothing options, I spot the old painting from a few days ago. Wow. He looked so peaceful. Moving it aside, I grab a dull blue button up and some dark jeans.