Shoto Todoroki

Todoroki P.O.V

I only go to the town twice a year, and most of the time I don't expect to buy anything. Or run into anyone. As I was looking around at an assortment of bracelets made of various gems and crystals, a smaller boy runs into me. He seemed around my age but was a few inches shorter than I was. He had green hair that was somewhat messy and had faint curls. He had small, black freckles scattered around his nose and cheeks. His piercing green eyes stared back at mine as his breathing hitched. He looks scared, like a deer in headlights. He backed away from me almost instantly. He slightly bowed before trying to run past me, in a direction I would assume is his home. I noticed one of the shop keepers I had walked by earlier. I had seen a ring he was selling and promised to come back to it. It was simple, but looked like a perfect engagement ring. Not that I want to get engaged in the first place.

One of my guards, a red head I had befriended, stopped him with the force of his body. The hood of the green haired boy had come off. Pulling it up quickly he stood in front of Kirishima, explaining that he needed to get home quickly to see his mother. "Only if you show me what you are clutching in your hand." The boy looked quite sad as he hesitantly started un folding his fist. In the palm of his hand, he holds the small ring I had promised to look at again. I walked a few paces forward to take the ring from his hand. Looking at it again I started to speak.

"You did plan on stealing this, am I correct?" He didn't need to lie. I knew exactly what was happening, if he's willing to admit it or not.

"Yes..." He replied, hesitant at first.

"I'm glad you've decided to cooperate." I said as I handed the angry merchant a few feet away from me a stack of 100 dollar bills I had for "spending money".

Looking expressionless at the boy then Kirishima, I thought about what the best thing to do in this situation would be. I've decided to let my father take care of this situation. I was done looking around at this boring event and wanted to go back to the castle terribly. "We bring him back to the castle. I'll let my father decide what his punishment should be." He looked more nervous than he should have. I know that my dad would not go easy on him, but he also wouldn't be sentanced to death for something as minor as a ring. Walking back to the carriage, I get in on one side while the boy is shoved in the other. I decided to talk to him insted of sitting in awkward silence the whole way back.

"I never got your name."

"Izuku Midoriya."

"How old are you?" I asked

"I'm fifteen. Though I am pretty short for my age."

"I can tell." I looked back at him. He seemed to be shifting in his seat. I thought it was because he was on the way to the castle but he had a cloak over him. Wasn't it eighty degrees today?

"Whats with the cloak? Aren't you burning up; it's hot outside."

"O-oh it's um. I don't like talking about it." He manages to stutter out.

There is silence between us again. It's an uncomfortable silence for sure, but I decide not to push the subject. He will talk about it on his own time and terms. It wasnt a long time before we showed up at the castle. As the carriage come to a stop, I try to open the door before someone can do it for me. I'm 16 and I can open a damn door by myself. But its already too late, because Kirishima gets the door for me. Stepping out, Midoriya follows right behind me.

"Kirishima, lead him to the throne room. That's where my father should be."

"Yes sir." he states as he grabs Midoriya's arm and leads him to the room that will determine his fate.