Craving love

They were almost there. The village was at most another two hours away. They were riding in a formation she spontanously decided upon. 

Eight wooden carriages slowly neared to the village in a slow, but steady Rhythm.  Three carriages in the back, three in the front and two in the middle. Around the carriages there were  men  riding on strong horses and camels. The women, children and few elders they had with were in the carriages partially protected from the melting sun. Near them there were lots of big tents, sacks with different seeds for farming, boxes with dried fruit, papyrusses, coal, material, sewing thread, few weapons and the most important, a white greyish stone called calk and many more treasures. 

The one who brought everything they carried was sitting right in the middle of the formation on an all-black  furred horse with a thick mane. Cassandra, now called Cleo because of the egyptian sound  of it which will permit her to blend  in better, was despite her poker-face , very excited inside.  She'll just have to put the village and people in place just like in the military. It will be so fun. Thoughts of how to improve the living standards and protection weren't giving her peace. She deeply thought of how her actions could influence greatly the course  of history ,but honestly she didn't gave a fuck about it. Everything she saw was misery and poverty and even if her previous present would be "destroyed" she didn't give a fuck, she now lived  in this present and not that one . Many could describe her as foolish, but this was her chosen way and nothing would prevent her from it. Who knows ? Maybe the future will just repeat in the past so that , the future she was in would be even more evolved.

On her right side, Karo observed her attentively.  Since their departure, he somehow glued to her like mosquitos to light, like bees to honey, like pandas to bambus or slothes to sleep. She was just to deep in thoughts to notice it, but the one on her left, Asnee, noticed it. He couldn't understand Karo's  sudden urge to follow her around, but as a father , he coughed from his thougths, as a  companion he meant, he couldn't just let someone as insistent as this young man to be alone with his non-related, but dear daughter. He just felt it in his bones that  he was the dangerous type, the steal-your-adopted-daughter-in-a-moment-type. To stop his annoying gaze, he coughed. Loudly and powerfully this time, almost forced. 

Karo turned to him. One of his sharp brows raised very high on the bruised part of his face. 

'Are you feeling well, old man?' he chuckled. His displeasure because of the fact that him gazing at his the sun-kissed saviour was interrupted.

'Well thank you. I am good. How are you? I've just had the feeling that your eyes are somehow itchy. Should I scoop them out for you?'.

Karo just laughed it off. 'That's a generous suggestion...isn't it, Cleo?'

They, both gazed at the female in the middle who now was wide awake from her thougths. 

'Sorry, what?' she said apologetically. 

'The fact that your right-hand man would like to scoop my eyes out of their sockets .' Asnee sent him some really nasty glares.

She laughed out loud. ' You too sure get along well. You know there's a thin line between love and hate or here more precisely: hostility and friendship. ' after a pause 'just don't mutilate each other'.   

As if repressing the subject Asnee directed the conversation in another direction.

'I have forgotten to ask you about the results of your search. Have you found the one called ...John was it ?'