Take 12

SCENE 14

The scene opens with HARRY and LOUIS sitting across from each other in the dining portion of The Iron Closet. Few guests sit around them and the guests that are there are spread out around the dining facility to allow each party their own privacy.

It's obvious that both of them have dressed up a little for their date. HARRY wears a white feminine looking blouse and Louis wears a button-down with a tie. They both look classy and put together without being too dressed up. Stubble has started to dot Louis' chin as if he missed his last shave.

(LOUIS examines the menu)

HARRY

What're you thinking about?

(LOUIS looks up from his menu and shrugs. A moment of tiredness can be seen in his eyes as soon as he drops the menu, but he quickly covers it up with a smile.)

LOUIS

(sighing) It's just a lot. I've got a million emails from people asking for a story and wanting to talk to my manager. I don't even have a manager! I'm grateful and all, but I swear I spent all day answering emails.

(HARRY smiles and glances at the menu)

HARRY

I meant what were you thinking about for dinner. (laughs)

(LOUIS' face falls as if he's just realized what HARRY meant. One of his hands shoots up to his forehead to rub out a headache.)

LOUIS

Of course. Yeah. I'm thinking about doing the All-American burger.

(HARRY wrinkles his nose as he takes LOUIS' hand from across the table into his own. He gives it a gentle caress as LOUIS speaks.)

LOUIS

I don't know how you do that vegan thing. (laughs) You're a better man than I am.

(HARRY throws LOUIS a small smile.)

HARRY

I think I'm going to have the kale salad, myself.

(pause)

HARRY

What're you filming this week for your YouTube? You haven't mentioned anything at all.

(LOUIS blows air and rolls his eyes as if the thought completely slipped his mind. He glances at the ceiling for a moment before shrugging.)

LOUIS

I've got absolutely no idea. I've got to figure something out, though. I've got thousands of new subscribers now that are wanting some new content. Who knew how stressful this would be?

(HARRY shakes his head as he attempts to hold back a smile.)

HARRY