Chapter 6

Mal was now on her date with Ben and was crossing a rope bridge.

"Tell me something about yourself you need told anyone?" Ben asked

"Um, my middle name is Bertha." Mal admitted.

"Bertha?" Ben asked.

"Yep just my mom doing what she does best being really, really evil." Mal joked.

"Mine's Florian." Ben said.

"Florian? My how princely. Oh that's all most worse." Mal said laughing.

"Well you know it's better then Bertha." Ben teased. Mal and Ben giggle. "Ok close you're eyes." Mal gave him a look. "Come on close your eyes I have a surprise." Mal closed her eye and let Ben lead her to the enchanted lake.

"Ok watch your step. There ready?" Ben asked. Mal nodded her head with her eyes closed. "Ok open." Ben said. Mal opened her eyes and saw a picnic basket and a blanket. They sat down on the blanket eating some of the treats Ben packed in the basket.

"Is this your first time?" Ben asked. Mal wiped her hands off with a napkin.

"Um, we don't really date much on the island it's more like... gang activity." Mal told the prince. Ben just chuckled.

"Um, I ment is this you first time eating a jelly doughnut?" Ben asked smiling at Mal. Mal paused and looked at him.

"Is it bad?" She asked as she had powdered sugar over her lips.

"Here." Ben said trying to wipe it off with his thumb but it didn't work. "Oh um ok do this." Ben said as hi liked his lips, mal copied him.

"Is it gone?" Mal asked, "Can't take me anywhere I guess." She said as she and Ben both laughed.

"You know I've done all the talking, your turn. I really don't know much about you. Tell me something." Ben said to Mal. Mal sighed and thought about what to say.

"Well... I'm an only child. I'm 16, and I've only lived in one place." Mal told the prince. Ben smiled.

"Me too we have so much in common already." Ben said excitedly.

"No." Mal sighed. "Trust me we do not." She said a little sad. "And now you're going to be come king." Mal said trying to change the topic.

"Yeah." Ben said looking down.

"What?" Mal asked a little confused with his actions.

"A crown doesn't make you a king." Ben told her. Mal thought for a moment and looked at him.

"Hmm, well it kind of dose." She said jokingly.

"No it... your mother is the Mistress of Evil, and I've got the poster parents for goodness. But we're not automatically like them. We get to choose who we're gonna be. And right now... I can look into your eyes and I can see you're not evil. I can see it." Ben said to Mal. Mal just looked down from his gaze. "Let's go for a swim." Ben suggested. Mal looked up a little nervous.

"Hm? What? Uh... right now?" Mal asked nervously.

"Yeah right now." Ben said as he took is shoes off and started to unbutton his shirt.

"Uh... I know I think I'm just gonna stay here." Mal said pointing to the ground with a fake smile.

"No no no come on." Ben said as he held his hand to her.

"I think I'm just going to stay behind the try a strawberry. I've literally never tryed a strawberry before." Mal said as she grabbed a strawberry and bit it. "Mmm." Ahe faked it as she chewed but then actually tasted the fruit and loved it. "Mmm." She said again looking at the fruit in Her hand. Ben just chuckled.