●screw them (max imagine)●

y/n l/n was a very lucky girl. she had it all. the popularity. the successful parents. the looks. the personality. everyone wanted to either be her or date her. she was adored. so, as i was saying, she's a very lucky girl indeed.

y/n, thought differently.

she felt empty, very empty indeed.

she had fake friends.

her parents were extremely busy, especially her father, mayor kline.

and overall, she just felt very lonely, so she set off on her journey, that's where our story starts.

she went place to place around town, looking for people her age who looked friendly.

that's where she found her.

max mayfield.

she was skating around town, looking absolutely beautiful.

y/n never talked to max before, yet she had seen her around school.

max suddenly stopped when she noticed the h/c girl staring at her.

"y/n kline, right?" max called from across the street.

y/n simply nodded, not knowing what to say.

max picked up her skateboard and crossed the road.

"max mayfield, correct?" y/n finally spoke up.

"indeed. so, what's little miss popular doing staring at me?" max smirks.

"it's getting pretty lonely, so i went out looking for a friend." y/n sighs.

"and you want me to be your friend?" max slightly smiles.

"well, you seem nice enough and you haven't ran away from me, so why not?" y/n responds, hopefully.

"well, since my 'friends' said that they don't like me anymore, i could really do with a new friend." she says using air quotes.

"wait, so, who are your 'friends'?" y/n questions.

"el hopper, mike wheeler, will byers, dustin henderson and lucas sinclair." max responds.

"i thought they were nice kids?" y/n asks shocked.

"i thought the same, the majority apparently didn't like me." she says, looking at the ground, solemnly.

y/n rubs max's shoulder. "majority?"

"will byers. he was influenced by mike in the end." max says holding onto y/n's hand which lays on her shoulder.

"forget about them. let's go do something fun." y/n suggests making max smile.

"how about the arcade?" max questions.

"never been." y/n admits.

"really? oh my god! we have to go!" max says holding her skateboard under her arm and y/n's hand in the other.

they quickly stop at max's house to drop off her skateboard before going to max's favourite place in Hawkins.

they spent about an hour at the arcade. max taught y/n how to play her favourite games.

then they took a bus to starcourt mall.

they went to scoop's ahoy to get ice-cream and have a nice chat with steve harrington and robin buckley, who seemed to know max.

then they went into the gap. max looked at shorts and shirts as y/n reluctantly looked at dresses and skirts.

max picked up some stuff as y/n had nothing.