Shikamaru

The fall of an entire clan is almost unheard of, however the night of October tenth, the entire Nara clan fell only leaving one survivor. A toddler child, one that was born a year two weeks prior. He was a prodigy child, and when Anbu came to the clan it was too late, or so they thought.

A child started crying, and crying he did, he signaled the two Anbu that came to rescue him, one seeing the child and automatically knowing that this was his heir, this was the one he searched far and wide for. His prodigy to train as he saw fit.

He adopted the lone Nara, Matsu Ito a man or shall I say demon of many talents, he didn't know if he'd ever find a mate, but with him taking care of a child he didn't quite care anymore. He didn't care what Shikamaru saw him as, but he loved that child and so he made him a demon.

Immortal. Well I'm a sense.

He could die like anybody else, but diseases and human ailments wouldn't effect him.

Once Shikamaru turned eight, Matsu could tell the child was a genius, smart and so he told him the story of his clan. Shikamaru was fascinated, and wanted to learn all that he could, and Matsu was determined to show him.

So at the age of eleven, Shikamaru was a force to be reckoned with on the battle field. He knew everything and wanted to contribute to his village, while all finding out who was the downfall of his clan, now don't get Shikamaru wrong,

He wasn't revenged crazy.

He just waited until the right time to strike and gather his information slowly, he was lying waiting, in other words he was being lazy and didn't want to be obsessive.

So the eleven year old joined the Anbu and was famous among the lands, the deer Anbu that was barely a teen, running around the lands doing the most dangerous missions, and he grew accustomed to it, but he was becoming heartless, and closed off, he could see it, Matsu could see it and the Hokage sure as hell could.

So when Shikamaru was talking to the aged Kage about being demoted and hanging with people his own age, at first he was annoyed.

They didn't know the first thing about the cruelties of the world, how blood looked in the middle of night, while the stars gleamed. How it feels to have parents one day and then none the next.

That was until Naruto walked in with his perfect blue eyes that told Shikamaru that he was like him, that he knew a little of what he knew, that he knew what the world was capable of, then Shikamaru saw that blood red hair, and thought of the one endless kills he did when blood just poured out of the body.

Then he felt chakra being maintained, knowing that when that chakra isn't being kept in check like his and Matsu was, that it was deadly, that it would scare the living shit out of the entire village, and when Shikamaru saw those blue eyes twinkle in amusement as they looked and focused squarely upon him.

He wanted to stare in those blue eyes forever.

"Shikamaru you actually have to go today." Matsu said folding his arms standing by the door.

"Why today of all days?" Matsu sighed, boy was this child lazy.

"You are testing, I hear you are sparring." Shikamaru sat up and sighed.

"Plus, you haven't been to school at all, you told Hizuren you would start , that was three months ago." Shikamaru sighed.

"Are you nervous because of Naruto." Shikamaru snorted.

He didn't answer, and went to shower. He didn't know when's the last time he had so much free time, Anbu kept him busy, and so he wanted to relish in this shower, and in him becoming a Genin. Funny really, he's doing something he said he never swore to do.

He only shrugged and got out the shower, Shikamaru choosing to leave his hair down as he tossed on a standard Shinobi outfit, and he walked out the door to the academy.

He was bored already and in all honesty he didn't want to do anything but sleep his life away. Walking into the academy he was fashionable late, well only about five minutes, he walked in with a yawn.

"You are about three months late." The teacher said and Shikamaru laughed a little.

"Couldn't be bothered until today." Shikamaru looked and saw Naruto sleeping and his heart was thumping.

"Nara-Ito Shikamaru. Lazy and tired already." Shikamaru yawned loudly, running a hand through his hair.

"Troublesome, can I sit anywhere?" Shikamaru asked and Iruka nodded, so Shikamaru found a seat behind Naruto, watching as he slept his life away and Shikamaru thought.

He could watch Naruto sleep for the rest of his life.

Soon it was time to spar, and Naruto noticed that somebody was looking at him, almost the entire time and he finally realized who that was when he heard a lazy yawn. He looked up and saw Shikamaru fighting Sasuke, his heart thumped and his lips curled into a smile.

The love of his life was finally attending school, after months and Naruto watched from the tree as those started fighting. Shikamaru wasn't nowhere near full power, but to make it believable, this what Shikamaru and eventually what Naruto would do for his match.

They couldn't reveal their true strength to the world, it would only serve as a reason for more violence instead of peace.

"Winner Shikamaru Ito-Nara." Shikamaru saw that Sasuke was panting as he held a Kunai to his neck.

"You didn't use your shadows once, I thought you were a Nara?" Sasuke said and Shikamaru scoffed.

"And I thought you weren't an idiot." Shikamaru said and Sasuke's face fell.

"Are you born with your clans techniques already in your mind? There is only one clan that is born with their techniques and as they grow older the seal destroys themselves and finally they have that one particular skill." Shikamaru started as he locked eyed with Naruto.

"Techniques are taught, and since nobody alive can help me use my shadows, I can't use them. Until I can figure out a way to use them, I'm stuck becoming a regular ninja like a clanless child." Naruto sighed, he could tell that Shikamaru's clan was a sore subject for him.

"Well.... since you are so smart, what's that one clan where they are already born knowing the technique?" Sasuke asked and Shikamaru chuckled, placing the Kunai back in his pocket, the wind seemed to blow and his hair started moving with it.

He gave Naruto a wink before looking back down at Sasuke.

"The Uzumaki clan." Shikamaru was gone after his match. A lot of people were in shock and Naruto only thought one thing.

He really loved this teen.

~