Finding the Sannin

"So what are making us? Chunin? Jounin? Anbu, well not Anbu." Naruto said mostly talking to himself, Hizuren sat there, he handed them high up uniforms but with no official title, Shikamaru was tired yawning lazily.

Kurama and Matsu sat together on the couch, watching Naruto ramble as Shikamaru laced his hands with Naruto for some sort of contact. It made Naruto stop his excessive rambling and calm a little.

"Complete this mission, and I'll judge. I need you both to track two hard individuals, tracking them and convincing them to come to back." Naruto and Shikamaru nodded.

"So if we fail?" Naruto said and Hizuren hummed.

"Your skill against Anbu proved to me you won't, but in any case you do fail, your rank will be a measly Chunin." Shikamaru nodded.

"So what rank will we get if we complete the mission?" Shikamaru said and Hizuren sighed.

"I will promote you both to whatever you please." Naruto and Shikamaru looked surprised, they shared a look between one another before looking at the Kage.

"That's means we are looking for the two Sannin who loyalties still belong to the village." Shikamaru spoke and Naruto nodded.

"Jiraiya the toad Sannin, Tsunade the Slug Queen, we'll find them." Naruto said and Hizuren hummed.

"Quite certain are we?" Hizuren asked and Naruto shrugged.

"Not really, if anything Jiraiya would give us a run for our money, simple because of his spying prowess, I'm fairly certain we can handle them." Shikamaru hummed.

"Naruto sure does know a lot about the Sannin." Naruto hummed.

"How could I not? Jiraiya was my fathers mentor? And I'm a medic, of course I know of Tsunade." Naruto spoke and Hizuren nodded.

"That's your mission, this is a double s rank mission, I expect nothing but results from you both." Naruto and Shikamaru nodded and Hizuren spoke again.

"Dismissed." Naruto and Shikamaru too the uniform and left in a cloud of smoke, Hizuren looked to the two demons.

"Now will you both take a mission for me, and do not tell Naruto." Kurama and Matsu nodded and Hizuren sighed.

"Sunagakure sighed a treaty with Otogakure. They didn't break a treaty with us, and the Chunin exams will be held here this year with both villages participating.

I have a bad feeling about those two getting cozy, especially since the trail on Orochimaru went cold, can you all find out what exactly is going on, as two out of the four demons in this village, the faith of this village rest in your hands." The two demons, nodded and left immediately, Hizuren sighed and looked out the window.

Hizuren knew whatever was to happen, he wouldn't survive it, it's why he sent Shikamaru and Naruto now to find them, it would be a better transition for the village to have a Kage at the ready.

Naruto wore the standard Jounin uniform, with the jacket as he tied his hair into a messy ponytail, he tied all his shurikens and Kunai's to his thigh, he turned to see Shikamaru tying his hair into a pineapple style, he turned around with a cigarette in his mouth and Naruto hummed.

"Aren't you too young to be smoking?" Shikamaru hummed.

"It's a nasty habit I picked up when I was fourteen, I usually smoke when I'm in the shower but I forgot this morning." Naruto hummed walking up to Shikamaru, wrapping his hands around the torso of Shikamaru.

"You can judge me about my drinking, sweetie." Naruto said and Shikamaru put his cigarette out, and hummed.

"Touché." Shikamaru pecked Naruto quickly and the walked out the house and the village. Shikamaru hummed.

"Where was the last place Tsunade and Jiraiya were heard from." Naruto shrugged and as soon as the teacher the forest, Naruto took his shoes off and kneeled and placed his hand on the grass.

Naruto stood back up, and hummed.

"Hidden stone village, but he's moving." Naruto said and Shikamaru nodded, they however didn't increase their speed, this was the first time Naruto left the village he was captured by the beauty in this forest. How the trees and leaves looked so green in comparison to the village.

"This your first time out of the village?" Shikamaru asked and Naruto nodded.

"I trained and got this strong in the village, but with my asshole of a birth giver, and annoyance of a step father, I was never allowed outside of the village. I know you were in Anbu and this isn't anything to you, but it's all beauty to me." Naruto said and Shikamaru captures Naruto's hand again.

"Your life growing up, how was it?" Shikamaru asked lowly and Naruto moved closer and sighed, leaning his head on Shikamaru's arm.

"Horrible, I had Kurama sealed into me and I didn't know until I was five, mother used to beat me and when she got tired of beating me, the villagers did, and on my fifth birthday I almost died but Kurama saved me, by breaking the seal and coming free." Shikamaru looked down and saw Naruto looking straight.

"He trained me, the beating still happened but not as much, I started showing a little more emotion after being with Kurama that the villagers felt bad about ever touching me. However mother disowned me, and publicly made it known she hated me but it didn't matter anymore.

I was developing, and many men noticed, and instead of looks of hate, I was receiving looks of lust, but I became a full fledge ninja at eleven according to Kurama but I had nothing to do with all the power I had for five years." Naruto said and Shikamaru sighed.

"I'm sorry you went through that, you lost everything on your birthday." Naruto snorted.

"You lost more, you lost your entire clan, I only lost my parents, you suffered far more than me, I'm not some delicate flower that cries over the past." Naruto said and he meant it, but he started crying.

"God I hate that woman, I wish my father was alive, I wish your parents were alive, it was all my fault, I should've never been born." Naruto said crying and Shikamaru was shocked, he didn't think this would make Naruto cry.

"Naruto stop crying, it's not your fault, look at me." Naruto looked up and those blue eyes looked so damn sad to Shikamaru, tears streaming down his face, his lips quivering.

"You did nothing but be born. Kushina knew she carried Kurama, she should've been careful, as for my clan they were mudered by somebody, not all eliminated in the Kyuubi invasion. Don't blame yourself." Naruto wiped his eyes, and Shikamaru kissed Naruto on his cheek, leaning into his hair.

"You had nothing to do with anything, you are not responsible for anything, do you trust me?" Naruto looked at Shikamaru, the love he felt for Shikamaru, Kami he was happy that this was his mate.

"With my life." Shikamaru nodded, and him and Naruto started tree jumping, Naruto looked to Shikamaru, as the duo stopped on the tree, Naruto hummed.

"We are surrounded." Naruto said and Shikamaru nodded.

"Whoever murdered my clan, is the same reason why your father died and your mother blames you, Ive been trying to figure it out, and I'm on the right trail. So do not ever think this chain of events is your fault." Naruto nodded and Shikamaru smiled at Naruto.

"Great, now its time to handle this crowd."

~