Dinner with the Mate

"You've been ignoring your mate." Naruto said pulling Shikamaru behind the school, school was starting but Naruto didn't care.

Shikamaru was caught off guard, and when his back met the wall and he was greeted with blue eyes he couldn't find in himself to be mad, he was the one ignoring Naruto.

Not on purpose mind you.

"You wink at me, and smirk at me, but damn Shikamaru are you going to kiss me?" Naruto said and Shikamaru didn't know what to say.

He knew Naruto was his mate, yet he didn't feel the need to seal the mating, Yes Naruto was perfect and he knew Naruto was for him and only him but he was lazy, Yes he admired Naruto but he wasn't prone to hurry and seal the mating, despite his demon looking for his mate for three years .

Naruto only chuckled and nodded, running a hand through his red hair, while looking as Shikamaru did and said nothing. He just stood there and watched the very movements of Naruto.

"Whatever Shikamaru." Naruto walked away, he didn't even head to the school, he went home. He didn't want to deal with his mate at the moment. His fox was wanting him to turn back and talk some sense into his mate but Naruto couldn't.

Why would he put himself through that? Just to find that Shikamaru was going to look at him with that same unemotional face.

Shikamaru looked as he watched Naruto leave and damn did his inner deer take the perfect time to wake up and tell him to go after.

Shikamaru knew he fucked up and damn did he regret not giving his mate the time of day.

"I FUCKING HATE HIM." Naruto drew a seal around his home, hiding its presence while he unleash his chakra as it finally felt good to be free.

"STUPID DEER OF A FUCKING DEMON." Naruto punched a tree, sending it flying.

"HOW COULD YOUR STUPID ASS NOT WANT TO KISS ME." Naruto screamed and Kurama stood behind Naruto with his arms folded.

"Is this a bad time to tell you that Matsu invited us for dinner."

"SHIKAMARU YOU FUCKING IDIOT." Naruto screamed looking at how he decimated the field. He only sighed and did a few hand signs before slamming his hand on the floor.

"Restoration." Naruto said as he stood up and closed his eyes.

"Cleanse." Naruto said and his chakra was cleansed.

"Seal Release." Naruto said and his seal dropped, Kurama unfolded his arms.

"Want to talk about it?" Naruto sighed.

"He's been ignoring me, he'll wink and smirk at me, but no touching, no kiss, not even words have been exchanged passed the day in the Hokage office.

I'm sixteen for fucks sake, I met Shikamaru literally almost eight months ago. He's a fucking demon and doesn't even feel the pull like me, don't know what to do other than to walk away, and get angry." Naruto said and Kurama sighed bringing Naruto to him.

"He's a deer, shy creatures and while Shikamaru is no way shy, his demon is, that's why he may be acting against instinct. That why Matsu took close to eight months to ask us to dinner. They are the dominant, but their demons are shy where as we are the submissive but foxes are anything but shy." Naruto only hummed and sighed, he calmed slightly.

"I suppose I shouldn't be as mad." Naruto said and Kurama scoffed.

"Are you kidding me, be as mad as you want. I'm fucking pissed." Naruto smiled.

"Matsu making me fucking wait, I've been mateless for YEARS, then he's going to ignore me. I ought to fucking kill him." Naruto chuckled.

"We almost started fighting, but he better be lucky that the aged Kage was there, I would've killed him." Naruto smiled

"I guess we can be mad together." Naruto spoke and Kurama nodded.

Shikamaru ended up skipping class and headed home after the sun was starting to set. He spent the entire day thinking of how much of a screw up he was, then he walked in he smelled food which was crazy, one Matsu never cooked unless he did something.

"What you do now? Are we moving or something?" Matsu came out the kitchen and chuckled, rubbing his head looking nervous.

"I may or may not have invited Kurama and Naruto to dinner." Shikmaru tilted his head and then he sighed.

"Why would you do that? Damn Naruto is going to curse me out, I picked the wrong day to fuck up." Shikamaru said and Matsu sighed.

"You too huh?" Shikamaru sighed.

"I don't feel the need to mate like he does, why is that?" Matsu sat down, watching as Shikamaru joined him.

"We are lazy, meaning our demons mostly is too, the need to mate is much lower in us then in Kurama and Naruto because they are foxes."

"Okay and..." Matsu sighed, so smart but so stupid.

"Foxes are mostly dominant demons, however very rarely will you ever run into submissive fox with a dominant personality.

However when you do, their need to mate increases because of the foxes usually being dominant.

So it's perfectly normal for you not to feel the pull, just be honest with him and spend time with him." Shikamaru nodded and Matsu only exhaled.

"Kurama might kill me in this life, but death by mate doesn't sound like a bad way to go." Shikamaru chuckled.

"Naruto wouldn't dare kill me."

"You want to try me?" Naruto said and Shikamaru looked at Naruto and damn did he look good.

Naruto's red hair was lying against his back, as he wore black pants and a dark orange shirt that stopped at his belly button, Shikamaru only looked over Naruto and realized how under dressed he was.

So he ran up to his room to change.

"You didn't knock." Matsu said and Kurama shrugged, him wearing a red kimono.

"You didn't have a seal in place, and the door wasn't locked so we walked right in, you don't mind right? We are mates, and so are our children." Kurama said walking into the kitchen.

"I suppose I don't, I should change." Kurama hummed.

"You got any alcohol?" At the mention of alcohol Naruto perked and followed Kurama into kitchen, then rummaging through the fridge.

When Matsu and Shikamaru came back down Naruto was dancing to the radio that was playing, glass in hand, taking a sip of some wine they found. Kurama was chuckling looking at Naruto.

"Do the spin." Naruto smiled and spun right into the arms of Shikamaru, Naruto looked up and chuckled before taking another sip.

"Can we eat dinner?" Naruto asked slightly intoxicated and Shikamaru sighed.

"Anything for you Naruto." Naruto smiled and found a seat, Shikamaru sitting next to him while Matsu grabbed the food.

"Aren't you a little too young to be drinking?" Naruto hummed, putting the empty glass down.

"Yes." Naruto answered eating whatever was placed in front of him. Shikamaru watched as Naruto had a drunken blush on his cheek, eating chicken and noodles.

"You are beautiful." Shikamaru said not even watching his mouth, just watching Naruto eat like some angel he is. Naruto looked up, seeing that Shikamaru was actually regretful, Naruto smiled and pulled Shikamaru into a sweet kiss before turning back to his food.

"Forgiven." Naruto said as Shikamaru sat there with a blush on his cheek, looking across the table he saw Matsu was in a similar position.

~