5 ; Safer Than Home

An hour has past, and so has Jisung's confusion.  

He sat in front of the mirror he passed by earlier like that one night, where he couldn't even glance at his reflection without regret. Jisung didn't feel modest, or ruptured, or anything on that list. He was still in complete shock that his reflection is actually something he can take in. 

The same hair, eyes, lips, nose, jawline, clothes, hat- everything that was normal to him didn't seem normal anymore. He smiled brightly, just taking in his reflection. 

"Feeling confident huh?" He heard the familiar accent from above. He looked up from where he was sitting and faced the voice head-on. It was Chris, who was standing behind him. He must have not noticed his reflection when examining himself.

"I guess," Jisung trailed off. Hell yeah, he giggled under his breath. 

"I know, I felt the same way when I saw myself as well," another voice sarcastically chuckled from the other direction. It was Changbin, who was leaning against the door that Jisung had pushed open earlier. 

"You know," Chris started off, gently falling to sit next to Jisung and leaning back casually. "Self-confidence would make such a good song."

Jisung blinked curiously, turning his gaze to Changbin who then spoke next. "Right? Definitely something to write about," he giggled slightly, coming over to join the two who were examining their reflections. 

"Song?" He questioned. 

Chris opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by Changbin. "I write songs, he produces them. It's a trainee thing."

"You guys make songs?" 

"Well, not together. But yeah, it's something we both share. The ability to read music," Chris slightly smiled, showing off his imprinted dimples. "Can you read music?"

Definitely. he thought to himself. It was a special talent he had since he was younger that no one actually acknowledged. The ability to point out a note just by it's sound, the ability to properly name rhythms and be able to similarly clap them out, the ability to write your own notes and rhythms and harmonize with even more notes and rhythms, it was something that Jisung actually seemed confident in, even during training.  A lot of trainees had gotten training lessons just because they could sing, rap, dance, or even had the looks, but Jisung had gotten in because he could read music, sing, rap, and dance. It's something that still can make him smile even on his saddest days. 

"The fact that you can read music and recognize a note just by ear it insane! We haven't had a trainee come in like you for almost three years now. That is talent!" 

Although, he would sometimes wonder who that trainee was that came in three years ago.

"Yes, I can," he smiled confidently. 

Both of their eyes widened, they looked kind of shocked actually. Changbin flicked the hair in his eyes out of his face, chuckling. "Knew it," he called out teasingly. "So you're like us."

"Are you a trainee?" 

Jisung nodded. 

"Are you... going to debut yet?"

Jisung shook his head no. 

"That's pretty cool, huh?" Chris slightly smiled. 

"What?"

"It's such a convenience that everyone I knew in this place is a trainee and Changbin can read music, and now you share that same quality? I'm trying to teach the others but it seems like only three of them get it," he jokingly sighed.