7 ; "Why I'm Never Leaving"

2:49 A.M

I am Han Jisung. I am 16-years-old. I am a Korean boy from the town of Incheon. Sure, I have a family, a house, a place to stay, but never a place I would call home. Sure, I have plentiful talents. Singing, rapping, dancing, and reading music. They had told me that my talent is going to get me so far in life. That I was going to be famous. That I was special. So with that, I auditioned to train for the idol life at the age of 14. I got in, of course. You know, dancing, singing, rapping- anything that would help me escape from home. And for a while, I enjoyed training. I enjoyed the number of compliments I received, the smiles from the trainers, and doing what I love most. I thought I was safe. 

After a while though, it became more of a battlefield. More of a competition or a battle for the compliments the trainers would give out. My only friend wasn't competing for fame had already debuted in a group. Sure, he was older, smarter, taller, much more talented than I could ever be. Even then, I would never see him. He was very busy and pursuing his career.

A couple of months pass... and I started getting yelled at for the simplest of my mistakes. it was because I couldn't keep up the bloodthirsty hunger for competition and being the number one trainee in my class. Maybe I would mess up a note, a dance, rhythm, it doesn't matter. I was yelled at. Just like at home. I remember my breath becoming short so easily, my body would feel so anxious and uncomfortable. My body weakening at the spot, and I would have no control over my emotions. It's funny how they would just stare, no one would care enough to fix their own gazes on me. Again, it was a competition. The weakest in the battle is the one you want to avoid. 

"You know this isn't a joke right?"

Yes. I know it's not a joke. I'm not dumb. But they treat me like I am. 

But only if I could possibly explain what is happening to me at the current moment. Only if what I write would literally make any sense.

No, I do not joke. So for the first time, I ask for my readers (as if anyone were to read this) to hear me out. Because this isn't a joke. I'm not drugged, I wouldn't joke with what I'm about to explain.

Because I am real. This place is real. These people are real. No matter the figments of unexplained colors, bright cities, the flashing stars above, fields of dancing fireflies, and decline in population. 

That statement wasn't a joke. It never will be. How could I joke when I woke up in a place that I didn't even know existed? Even then, it is almost impossible to keep something like this to yourself. This isn't my imagination at this point. 

I had fallen asleep one night, woke up in a familiar room. Not kidding, a room just like my own. I would have thought was my own if it wasn't inhabited with 7 strangers. I would have thought it was my own peers, but they were unfamiliar, unlike the room I was in. 7 attractive men. 

My normal reaction: to panic. That's the only thing my body turns to in new and confusing situations.  But nothing happened. I was getting more anxiety thinking about when the attack was coming than actually getting any from the situation. 

These men are different from any other existing person on Earth. Unlike any person who I have ever met. No one has ever approached me in a calm manner, collectively turning their full attention to me, with a caring tone. 

These men are named Chris, Woojin, Changbin, Hyunjin, Felix, Seungmin, and Jeongin. 

God, if I could explain them with the most perfect words, all the words from the dictionary would be taken. They are the best people I have ever met in my life. Friends that I couldn't have asked more of. You would think there would be one complaint I would have about these 7 people, but no. I have no complaints whatsoever. Except for Hyunjin, he likes to argue at times but I can't blame him. But that doesn't mean that I don't love him.