Prologue

Victoria

"Victoria! Wake up! First day of being a seventh grader!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs.

Ah shit, here we go again...

Second year of being in the stony lonesome, and by that I mean Middle school, Middle school is the absolute worst in my opinion, and the even worse part, I'm in seventh grade now, and seventh grade people are mean as heck, or at least thats what my friends Christopher and Charlotte told me, but that all can be completely different for me.

I rubbed my eyes and slowly moved out of my queen sized bed, which is hard to do for me, if you've ever had a queen sized bed...you know how I'm feeling.
I walked lazily to the bathroom, but the door being locked blocked my way from getting inside.
Instantly I knew it was my sister Harper hogging up the bathroom, like always.
I could tell by that smelly hairspray she always uses.

Angry, I balled my fist up and banged on the door.
"Harper c'mon! Your always hogging up the bathroom! And you always wonder why were late to school!" I yelled.
She didn't respond.
Maybe because of the loud music she plays in the bathroom, while applying makeup, doing her hair, shaving, sometimes doing her nails...oh I could go on forever.

I groaned and banged louder on the door.
"HARPER! You have ten seconds to get outta there you big toad!" I yelled as loud as I could.
The music stopped playing and she laughed.
"Don't get your training bra in a twist little sis, perfection takes time! And I'm yearning every. Single. Second." She said

I heard, what it sounded like a kiss to her own reflection.
She unlocked the door, opened it up, and slides out of the bathroom with her phone in hand, up in the air taking pictures of herself.

I'll admit she looks pretty, but I'll never tell her that.
Although it wouldn't hurt if she went a day without wearing makeup or worrying about styling her hair, but she has a boyfriend...and I guess she just wants to look good for him, I don't see the big deal anyway, it's just a boy!

I smiled mischievously to myself and stood on my tippy toes, I put my hands above her head and ruffled her hair up playfully.
"Looking good Harper!" I said running quickly downstairs
"Ugh! Tori! Get back here!" She yelled.
As I raced down the stairs I made sharp corners to quickly find my mom, and when I did, I hid behind her back, it was a close call too..Harper was right behind me!

"Mom! She's trying to kill me!" I said dramatically.
"Girls what's going on?" Mom asked.
Harper groaned trying to move pass mom to get to me, but mom blocked her path every step she took and wrapped her arms behind me and held me close to her back.

Before Harper explained what happened mom noticed Harper's hair..
"Oh my, Harper! Go do your hair!" Mom said, slightly disgusted the way it looked.
"Mom! But she-!"
Mom pointed up the stairs, demandingly and Harper obliged and went up the stairs.

She glanced at me and snarled, I stuck my tongue out at her.
I giggled to myself.
"Alright Tori, you excited today?" Mom asked turning to me.

"If I'm being honest? No not really.
"Oh come now, it'll be fun!" Mom cheered.
"Yeah...I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one mom.." I said
"Tori, you'll be fine, and if something goes wrong, you know to call me, or just go and find your sister, you know her school is right across the school from yours!" Mom reminded me.

"Oh yeah.." I said slouching my shoulders.
"Honey? What's wrong?" Mom asked.
I shook my head.

"Nothing, I don't wanna talk about it...hm, I'll tell you when I get home today..I better get ready." I said leaving my mom behind and heading up the stairs.

I can't let Mom know that I'm envious of Harper. Harper, how can I describe her? Fake. A few days ago, it was Harper's back to school night and she saw her friends, and she acted like she didn't even know who I was!
But I can't deny that I just want a small portion of her life...just to know what it's like, just knowing that I'll never be like her kills me...I'll never be talented like her...I'll never be beautiful like her...I'll never have a happy life nor a happy boyfriend like her....

I'll never be anything....
••••••••••••••

Thoughts on...

Harper?

Victoria?

Christopher?

Charlotte?

Toon in for the first chapter!
See you guys then!
Bye~Bye! (^ω^)ノ゚