Here we are...!

Victoria

*Beep! Beep!*

"C'mon looser lets go!" Harper yelled honking her car horn.
"I'm coming, yeesh!" I retorted
I ran quickly downstairs almost falling down the flight but thankfully I caught myself.
"Aye! Aye! Aye! Tori! Tori! Tori...let me look at you before you go..." Mom said grabbing me by my arm and bringing me close to her, she stroked my hair and smiled at me.

"My little girl...growing up so fast...now remember, you need to stay focused this year, don't listen to any of those bullshit girls, and make some new friends this year!" She said
"Mom? You forgot one more thing." I said
"I did?" She said worried
"School! And speaking of that, I gotta go!" I said pulling myself away from mom and heading out the door.

"Bye mom!" I yelled from outside.
I ran to Harpers car and opened her car door and hopped in the passenger seat and closed it when I got comfortable in my seat.
"Well, well, well, and here all this time, I thought I took a long time getting ready.." She said shaking her head, all while putting her keys in the ignition and starting up her car.
"Hush.." I said

"Gladly...I'd prefer to not talk to you anyway." She said
This is going to be the longest car ride of my life...

Christopher

"CHRIS!" I heard my mom yell
"YOUR BUS IS HERE!" She yelled once more.
Don't get me wrong, I love the woman, but—long story short, my mom came home yesterday last night—very late at night, drunk as heck, and she came home with another random guy again...and I heard things...I wasn't suppose to hear, but when you live in a toilet of a home, you have no choice but to hear your mom banging a random stranger, I think you get my point here needing less to say, I didn't get much sleep last night.

I walked downstairs, not caring about the way my hair looked or the way I dressed. Frankly, I don't honestly care what people think, people's opinions are irrelevant to my life, I say—'Say what you want about me, it won't faze me.'
And I mean every single word.

I grabbed my backpack, which seriously has nothing in it. Think I'm kidding?
If someone were to kick my back right now, my spine would be shattered.
Yeah that's right, I said shattered, I don't necessarily have a lot of meat on my bones, I barely eat enough to save my life, but that's not the point.

But clearly you see that, I have a horrible life, but I use my stupidity to cover up my mental, emotional scars.
But hey, at least I have loving friends.
Anyway, let me not make my life get you depressed, back to the good ol' happy hour!

I walked a steady pace down the unstable wooden steps and walked out the door without saying goodbye to my mother.
The bus door opened and I quickly made my way inside and sat down at an empty seat, a nice spot in the back of the bus..nobody bothers anyone back here.

The engine of the bus roared loudly and started to move to the next stop, and that's when my peace and quiet came to an end...

Charity

"EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK! I'm so excited! Last year of elementary school and then it's off to the big guns of Middle school!" I chirped to my mommy
"I'm glad your all about the future honey, but don't forget about the present time, you still have to pass fifth grade." Mommy reminded me.
"Don't worry I will!" I said determined

Mommy smiled at me and neatly tucked my collar under my school dress, once she did, she placed her hands gently on my shoulder and smiled.
"Alright, looks like your bus is here..have fun okay?" Mommy said kissing my forehead gently.

I nodded and retuned the smile back at her.
"Will do! See you after school Mom!" I said waving her off.
I opened the door and skipped to my bus happily, excited to see my favorite friend in the world.
"Chris!" I said excited
I heard him mumble something under his breath as I sat down next to him.
"What'd you say Chris?" I asked tilting my head
"Nothing!" He said quickly.

Christopher

"Chris!" I heard Charity say excitedly
"Oh dear god..." I mumbled under my breath.
Charity marched her way all the way to the back of the bus where I'm sitting, I politely moved my backpack so she could sit down, when Charity sat down besides me she stared into my soul, with her greenish-blue eyes wide, and a smile glued on her face.
"What'd you say Chris?" She asked tilting her head, her smile fading away slightly.
"Nothing!" I said quickly.

"Hmm okay!" She said
"So, Charity, a little birdie told me, you're getting braces soon." I said.
"Hm? Who told you that?" She asked
"Kirstie." I told her.
"I knew she would spill the beans..." Charity said palming her forehead.
"It's weird, Kirstie doesn't talk that much." Charity said, scratching the top of her head.
"Well, Charlotte barely speaks at all, because she's so timid, and Charlotte talks to herself a lot, and by herself I mean her conscience." I said crossing my arms,

Charity looks at me confused.
"Uhm...what's a conscience?" She asked
"It's like a voice inside your head, like a mini version of yourself telling you what's wrong and what's right." I said.
"Ohhhhhhh okay, I get it." Charity said nodding in understanding.

"....Wait a minute, we completely got off topic about you getting your braces soon! Don't tell me your scared?!" I asked placing my backhand against my forehead dramatically.
"I'm not scared.....I'M TERRIFIED!!!!" Charity yelled.
Everyone on the bus turned to look at both me and Charity like a bunch of weirdos we truly are, do I care? No. Does Charity care? Yes.

"Great...already off to a bad start..." Charity mumbled slouching in the seat, her cheeks turn flushed.
"Aww, don't worry kiddo! We just got get you back into inside voice estate." I said patting her back gently.
The bus came to a holt, motioning behind a line of buses outside of the school.

"Here we are...!" I said trying to sound as enthusiastic as possible, not for my mentality, for Charity's, I know she's going to need all the positivity she can receive today.
••••••••

Thoughts on...

Charity?

Christopher?

Victoria?

Harper?

Kirstie?

Charlotte?

Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of Underdogs!
Stay tuned for Chapter 2!
(^ω^)ノ゚