Chapter 1: Arrival

You wake up, not remembering being asleep. The first thing you see is blue, a striking beautiful blue. A cool breeze passes across your face bringing with it sweet smells of nature. You smell trees and grass, fruit and dirt. Something moves next to you. You turn your head. A face stares back at you. You scream, jumping to your feet, your heart beating a thousand times a minute. You look around only to find you were surrounded by boys, all laying on the ground surrounding you. Fear gripped you as you struggled to recognize any one of them. But no memory comes, you don't remember these boys. Come to think of it... you can't remember anything. You try so hard to remember. But nothing comes, each time you get close to a memory it slips away causing you to panic even more. Your breaths tremble along with the rest of your body as panic quickly overtakes your senses. "How could this have happened to me!?" You ask yourself.To make things worse, the first of the boys wakes up. He takes one look at you standing over him and shoves himself backward as far as he can. But that isn't far, he rams into another sleeping boy. He peeks behind him and jumps to his feat screaming the same way you did. One by one, the boys wake up with the same reaction. Pure panic breaks out in the metal cage. Everyone shouting and straining to remember anything. There were 5 boys total, and you. Everyone stares at each other, equally afraid of every un-familiar face. You're the first to talk.

"Who are you guys?" Your voice higher than you thought it would be and shaking in fear.

They all remain silent. No one knows who they are. After a minute of agonizing silence, a dark-skinned boy spoke up with a deep voice,

"All I remember is my name. Alby." He sounds afraid.

You are afraid. Everyone is afraid. But you realize that you remember your name too. And that's enough to give you hope.

"Mine is Y/n."

The boy nodded and the others start to state their own names.

"Will."

"Chris."

"Leon."

"Alex."

You look around at all the scared boys and decide to take charge.

"Well I guess we should get out of this box." You state with a surprising tone of calm authority.

The boys all glance around at each other, wondering if they should trust you.

"Agreed." States Alby, "We need to figure what's going on."

You give the boy a soft smile, appreciating his support.

           The boys all agree, and one by one Chris gives everyone a boost out of the box. You climb out first, since it was your idea. You crawl out of the box and have to resist the urge to start looking around. You turn, starting to help the boys out of the box. Once the last boy clambers out of the box you finally allow yourself to look around. You're astounded. You're standing in a stone courtyard. A perfect square surrounded by massive stone walls that stretch hundreds of feet into the sky. Each wall has an opening that lead to what looked like a series of hallways. You start turning circles, trying to take it all in. A small wood lines one wall, there's three small wooden buildings, a slightly larger stone building, and a patch of bare turf surrounded by fruit trees. You start to get dizzy so you stumble down onto the stone, attempting to contemplate what on earth is going on. Panic starts to seep into your mind, invading every thought. Soon enough the panic drowns out all sound around you, squeezing your brain and pulling you into a dark abyss of fear. You push your palms to the side of your head clamping your eyes shut, trying to push away the panic that's gripping your mind. You don't know anything. You're trapped. Your heart leaps into your throat as you feel something touch your shoulder. The ringing in your ears shuts down and the soothing sounds of nature take the place of the panic. Slowly, you open your eyes. Alby crouches in front of you with kind concern on his face.

"You ok?"

You let out a soft chuckle.

"Do I look ok?"

Alby smiles.

"Ah, don't worry, Leon freaked out too."

          You turn your head and see Leon being comforted by Will. You look back at Alby who's stretching out an arm to help you up. You accept it, rising to your feet. Then you take a deep breath, and collect yourself.

"Don't worry Y/n, we'll figure this out." Alby says softly

"I sure hope you're right." You add

           After taking another look around the courtyard, you decide it's time to figure out what this place is.

"We should split into pairs. Explore the area." You state, regaining your sense of control.

          Everyone agrees and starts to pair off. You and Alby make your way towards the largest of the wood buildings while Leon and Will head off toward the stone building and Alex and Chris head toward the small closet sized structure. Having something to do helps take your mind off of the fact that you're alone with five boys in an unknown place with no memories except your name and the fact that there is something to remember. You remember you had a life, but you don't remember anything about it, you just had one, and now it's gone. You know you should be more scared than you are, but something tells you that you can trust these guys. And quite frankly, you don't have a choice.