01

THINKIN BOUT YOU

THINKIN BOUT YOU

. . .

there's nothing but smoke in the air. everything's hazy and the amount of bodies filling the room is suffocating. though despite it all he's having fun under the changing lights.

and if you were to ask taehyung how he got there he wouldn't be able to give you a straight answer.
not because he doesn't know but more so of 'where's the fun in that?' asking questions may get you far just with taehyung they'd lead you nowhere.

so instead he basks in the children of hades. their pupils are dilated, mouths breathing fire, skin alight with death, their heads are spinning wildly, and no one dares question it.

taehyung himself is no better despite carrying the blessings of aphrodite herself. with skin like honey and lips like sin, he dances with the mass of bodies surrounding him, getting lost beneath the cloud of marijuana smoke.

it's exhilarating this feeling of living life on the edge. the elixir that is the dangers of life slides down his throat dangerously giving him a taste of something exciting. 
however, is he was, to be honest with himself he'd know that it was all only temporary.

that feeling a party can bring you, that high the marijuana brings you. all of it was just temporary and yet he chose to bask in it anyways. he chose to drown in the events that brought him no true pleasure but instead a little lust and a little temptation.

with a huff, he begins to move away from the people dancing in the living room. some grab onto his arm a few times while others aren't as modest but he manages to weave his way out. 

the haze that's settled over his mind is still there and he's determined to hang onto for just a moment longer so he heads upstairs. to be honest, he doesn't even remember whose house he's in just that he's got a nice blunt rolled in his back pocket waiting to be smoked.

what was supposed to be a night filled with blood, sex, and magic was now filled with reminiscing over the one thing he wanted to forget.

pushing past the unadulterated lust that flanked the hallways, their bodies molded together as one with sounds that were far from being music to anyone's ears. taehyung had looked away right before he witnessed someone getting naked under the neon lights.

though the door at the very end of the hallway had come to be his saving grace seeing as no one was in it and it hadn't been christened by the lovely sinners in the hallway.

trudging through the room without looking around much he stops before a large window. there's a full moon tonight and one might say it's the perfect time to be out and wreaking havoc.

even still, taehyung's not feeling too reckless tonight neither is he feeling quite courageous. what taehyung is feeling is remorse? regret? he's unsure if he's just refusing to be honest with himself or that he really doesn't know.

pulling the blunt out he rolls it around in his fingers using the other hand to locate the old red lighter he always kept on him. he flicked the lighter a few times before a flame came out it's wavering form lighting the end of the blunt.

breathing in deeply he allows the smoke to fill his lungs, allows the substance to relax his muscles, his mind.

How did it come to this?

taehyung to another long drag of the blunt he looks up at the moon exhaling slowly. he can feel the weed doing his job. everything seems to be moving in slow motion no longer does time have dominion over him.
though as time begins to slow his mind begins to go back.

Ah, I know how it came to this.

. . .

Five hours earlier

"why can't you just listen to me for once?!"

the older boy sighs, his wide shoulders rising and falling slowly. his lips are pursed as he looks at the mint haired boy.

"Taehyung, i've told you time and time again. i am listening to you."

"no, you're not listening to me Hyung. you're packing your bags as we speak."

the older boy sighs once again tugging at his turtleneck a bit. it's obvious he's not in the mood for a conversation like this. in fact, he's never in the mood for a conversation such as the one they were having right now.

taehyung stares at the older male watching him put his clothes into the suitcase. he was off on another business trip one he didn't care to share the details of like always.

and it's not that taehyung didn't trust jin cause he did. he trusted him with all he could give but lately the older wasn't showing much love.
when they first met he was like champagne on ice. everything about him enthralling in more ways taehyung could count.

if athena were to give birth to a son he believes it'd have to be someone like jin. wise, caring, and always so resourceful though that was then and this is now.

it was possible he'd taken a drink of society, drink in which clouded his vision of what lay before him only showing the works of the world.

"is it me? have i done something wrong?"

and this is what seems to set the older off.

"no, no you haven't done anything wrong taehyung. it's all me. is that what you want me to say because if so then you're wrong! you come home late all the time, you don't call during the day, sometimes you even disappear for days on end and what? you think i'm supposed just be okay with all of that?"

"i-"

"no, i'm still talking here. the times where you smell like marijuana and think i don't notice? or how you refuse to answer your mother's phone calls? better yet let's talk about the party you went to last week huh?"

taehyung takes a deep breath. he tries to hold it all in for the sake of what stands before him but he knows this story has already come to an end.

"you're right. i do those things but not once have you ever questioned why. you view me as some reckless child when that's not actually the case. you think i'm naive hyung? that i don't know about your business trips?"

taehyung scoffs.

"what is done in the dark shall too come to light hyung. that's something you should've thought of before sleeping with your coworker."

. . .

taehyung shakes his head mint hair falling over his eyes. the blunt is almost out at this point but none of it matters.
people may look his way and only divine deity while others may see damnation and destruction.

though taehyung himself can only see the colors behind his eyes and the channels of his mind. he takes his last drag of the blunt before putting it out. and he's so enamored by the moon that he hears the bedroom door open neither does he hear the footsteps approaching him.

instead, he focuses on the way his mind drifts far from what he knows to be true, far from what he wishes to be.

"hey."

taehyung turns slowly his eyes wide and dull.

"you sway in longer and you're gonna fall out the window."

. . .

my first chapters always suck.