06

SUPER RICH KIDS

SUPER RICH KIDS

. . .

when taehyung wakes apollo has brought the sun into his room, his skin glowing golden. he feels sated and rested the events of last night lingering in the back of his mind. 

his covers fall to his waist as he sits up making him look like a something you'd find in an art museum. there's something about the quietness of the morning that soothes his reckless soul but not enough to make him feel new.

he's constantly burning much like meteorite that's mistaken for a shooting star or like hephaestus' flames during forgery. some might say it's due to his past. they might believe he has demons he's unwilling to face. it's possible his channel isn't constant static like the rest.

see, people tend to forget that taehyung was no one born to be apart of the ordinary. in fact, he was birth by sex and his heart by lust. an entity created with the power of wreaking havoc everywhere he went.
however, with the knowledge of knowing there's something out there that could give a new start or possibly tame his flames. maybe he wasn't born to reign hellfire.

there's a part of him that wants to try. wants to try a new perspective, set out on a new journey. the memories that linger in mind are more vivid in sensation than they are in memory which brings about his next thought.

I really want to find him.

the thought itself is quite shocking much like how athena's birth was. he feels something deep within ache for a taste of something so familiar yet foreign all the same. this wouldn't be like his usual thrills. this wasn't something that would fade come morning.

no, taehyung was determined to find the man whose hands were gentle yet firm. the man who felt like zeus' blessing possibly hades curse. oh, the many things he'd like to experience once again but he didn't even know where to start.

how does one navigate the labyrinth when you don't have an ariadne there to offer her ball of thread? 

|

despite the eagerness he felt in the morning nothing could've prepared him for the situation he was in right now. sitting in the campus cafe in front of no other than park jimin. it's not that taehyung disliked the guy it was just-

"i'm surprised you agreed to meet before class."

You and me both.

"i had nothing else going for me so why not? besides, i couldn't resist a free drink."

jimin rolls his eyes at this while taking a sip of his coffee. taehyung wasn't like the rest of his peers. he operated outside of the world everyone else seemed to immersed in. his care for others was close to nonexistent just like the awareness of his surroundings.

jimin believed he took comfort in his naivety of the world around him or maybe it was as simple as him not caring. the other looked like he didn't care for a lot of things much less himself.

"if you just came to be a leech then i must say i have enough of those in my life."

taehyung doesn't say anything and jimin fears he might've said too much. he really wanted to befriend the loner seeing as he held a more honest nature about himself than everyone else he'd encountered. something about taehyung was just enthralling and jimin found himself desperately wanting to be apart of that.

"if you're implying that i'm like everyone other person that it merely after your face or dad's money then you're wrong. remember you're the one who approached me not the other way around."

and with that taehyung finds his mood sullied. memories from another lifetime begin to resurface causing him to take a deep breath. he's gathering his belongings rather quickly not giving jimin time to even respond.
without, another word taehyung leaves the cafe but not before dropping a twenty dollar bill on the table.

That's for the drinks.

|

like most children of the gods taehyung was not born in want. silver spoons used to occupy his lips before the drugs did just like the maids would wonder the house before he did. the parental absence wasn't something he enjoyed looking back on and seeing jimin who may very well be a replica of himself made him sick.

he ran away from it all so that he could breathe but right now it felt as if his lungs forgot how to work.

though standing on the edge of the school's roof gave him a sense of comfort. it gave him that rush he so blindly searched for. just one inch closer and he'd probably far. one wrong move and time itself would stop.

suicidal was not the term for his actions rather exhilaration is what he sought after. to live on the edge of the world was foreign just as he wished for his past life of riches to be. which was why he searched for someone who could provide that edge.

"is it just me or do you have a thing for high places?"

taehyung doesn't need to turn around to know who it is. his voice is what gives him away. it spreads over taehyung the same way one would when caressing a lover.
it's oddly soothing and taehyung finds himself leaning away from the edge a bit.

"or maybe i just having a thing for being high."

the other chuckles. taehyung definitely won't say it aloud but the sound itself is cute in a way. he wants more of it.

"well, whatever the case may be kiddo you can't stay there. you're scaring the locals."

taehyung is prepared to retort but the chance doesn't come as he's being tugged back onto the roof. just a touch as small as that one sends an electric shock through him and taehyung's quite sure he's lost it.

he turns around quickly only to be met with chocolate eyes that might as well be black. though instead of being empty like hades' they're full of mischief and something else taehyung can't quite explain.
the smirk is what he notices next. taehyung wants to rid of it but his brain doesn't get much farther than that because the bartender is already speaking again.

"kids these days always so damn tall and for what. hey, kid do me a favor and stay away from high places."

taehyung rolls his eyes.

"what are you a grandpa? stop calling me a kid."

"mhm, maybe if you stop acting like one i will and don't call me grandpa you brat."

taehyung wants to say something but instead he just grins. the man before him is an enigma with his unique sounding voice. it helps forget about the lives of super rich kids. helps him forget the miseries of the day.

he's once again filled with that eagerness from the morning. to find that everlasting thrill is like a dream though right now the reality in front of him doesn't seem to bad either.

"you know for an old man you're kinda cute."

|

heh. well would you look at that i updated. 

but um lemme know what your favorite thing about this book is cause idk.