07

PILOT JONES

PILOT JONES

. . .

they say the titans used to live their days in rage after the gods cast them down below. they're anger forever boiling like the inside of a volcano.
yoongi often sympathized with them for his rage exceeded his own body's capacity.

though if one were to spare him glance while walking by or simply take moments to admire his beauty the anger would not be seen. that is where they usually go wrong though. blindly suspecting anger and rage to be the same.

anger was expressive as it was explosive while rage was like the quiet before the storm. it'll sit there quietly slowly growing over time but one wrong move and it'll unleash a world of terror.

there were many stories to this rage though they mattered not. especially when it seemed only one person had the capability to ease it's tension.

"stop calling me a grandpa."

yoongi watches the other smile his mouth forming a boxy shape. the smile almost looks foreign on him as if that's not something he does often. for someone who seems to find comfort in high places yoongi thinks he a weird one.

he's got the eyes of athena but lips gifted by aphrodite. his eyes glow amber while his skin is sun-kissed. his deep voice feels rather sullen as if there's a hidden weight upon his shoulders though despite that yoongi feels at peace.

the other goes to open his mouth to say something again but his phone seems to interrupt him. he only takes one look at the screen before sighing.

"something just came up so i've got to go. mind if i stop by later on tonight?"

for a moment yoongi is confused and thinks the other means his house. he's surprised the guy even remembers the place considering how high he was that night. and just before yoongi's brain spirals into dilemma of wild thoughts his brain reminds him of their meeting in the bar.

"yeah, i'll look forward to it."

and with that the dark haired male leaves yoongi on the roof alone forgetful of why he even came up there in the first place.

|

the day has yet to begin but taehyung can already feel himself looking towards the end. he felt weightless on the rooftop with that guy but here in this moment the world feels heavier than it's ever been.

when he checked his phone earlier he half expected a text from jimin with something along the lines of an apology but instead he'd received a text from jin.
the older had asked if they could meet up and like the lost soul he was, taehyung followed what felt familiar.

they were to meet at the place they'd met. it was a small park not too far from tayehyung's apartment. park was latent term for the place but really it was just a cluster of trees with a trail running through it.
to think he met jin on night of the winter solstice where poseidon was to be fertile yet the only thing fertile on that day was his tears.

"Crying doesn't suit a pretty face like yours."

"Lame pick up lines don't suit lips like yours."

"And how would you know what suits me?"

"The same way you think my face is pretty."

looking back on it now taehyung can only see the thousands of ways it could've gone differently. on the day that was meant to be the darkest taehyung was sure he had found light. though in reality, he'd been looking for an escape only to find it had been another trap.

though as taehyung sits on a vacant park bench allowing the memory to fade he can't seem to find it in him to be upset. for he believed that everything happened for a reason. as the gods could not defy fate taehyung believes he too has become its victim.
for how long though is the real question at hand.

"wasn't sure you'd actually show up."

taehyhung turns to find jin standing just a few feet away from him as if he'll burst into flames at any given moment.
his bashfulness is almost appalling but taehyung supposes children of aphrodite know not of shame. embarrassment is a fickle thing but to be wrong is not of their nature. beauty does not make mistakes or so one would think.

"at this point, i've got nothing left to lose."

"that's a rather depressing way of looking at it."

"i'd like to think the opposite actually."

and for a moment the two sit in uncomfortable silence. no words seem to grace their tongues so they both sit there reminiscing on times when the world looked brighter. taehyung wishes he could find it in himself to cause a scene.

he wishes he possessed an undying rage that could bring about shame to jin or just to really see the world burn; however, among his many gifts rage was not one of them. his soul was rather somber a place where rage could not rest.
though he supposes sharing a moment such as this with jin was no better.

"you know i had initially come here to clear things up between us but right now i realized you probably wouldn't care anyway. i think that was one of the reasons why i was so interested in you."

taehyung rolls his eyes resisting the urge to laugh. he wonders if this moment is simply a part of his quest in life, an obstacle he must overcome in order to show the gods he is worthy of their guidance.

as reckless as he was his mind was not weak neither was his soul fragile. he'd dance with death many times over if it meant there was a thrill or so he thought. maybe there's was more to this journey than a thrill.
maybe fate wished to show him what lies beyond the human mind either way he felt free. he still had a long way to go before time revealed herself but at least in this moment, he knew it was safe to let go.

"i think that's where you and i both went wrong. we assumed we knew the other simply because we were both hurting in a way. it takes two you know. our plane wasn't meant to fly for long and that's okay. if you're worried about being hated then don't. you and i both know i've got no room for it."

taehyung doesn't wait for a reply or rather he leaves before jin can even think of one. he had a flight to catch. one that'd take him high even when he soared low. he was in search of a pilot that could not only navigate the skies but hopefully show him the way home.

|

it's been awhile huh.