Chapter 3 : Mayhem at the Internet café

After school, Shinwoo, Ikhan, Yuna and Kiara always head to the internet cafe to hang out. However, Shinwoo came with the brilliant idea to invite Rai over to play with them- which Kiara was not excited about. Rai's mysterious aura couldn't be shaken off as of yet. Kiara remained overly cautious around him and wasn't as enthusiastic about him as everyone else was.

"Hey Shinwoo, was it really necessary to invite this guy over? Something doesn't feel right about him." Kiara pulled Shinwoo slightly away from the group as they walked towards the café.

"Nonsense, Kiara, the more the merrier. Besides, Rai looks like he could really get some friends to support him. We should help him out." Shinwoo shook his head and lightly slapped Kiara's cheek in return.

"Say that to his bajillion fangirls..." Kiara mumbled to herself as Shinwoo walked past her.

Unlike usual, the internet café was relatively empty, inviting the students to come in. They all took their seats to face their respective PCs, ready to play for many long hours. Yuna admitted to being a complete rookie, to which Kiara was ready to take full advantage.

"Shinwoo dear, why don't you teach Yuna how to play while we help Rai out?" A grinned crept across Kiara's face.

It was obvious her intentions were not as simple. She hoped Shinwoo to get just a tad closer to Yuna, being the 'very kind and generous' friend she is.

"Oh yes, of course!" Shinwoo mouthed 'thank you' to Kiara, who gave him a thumbs up.

"Go for it, mate!" She whispered excitedly.

While Shinwoo was trying to help Yuna understand all the processes and rules, Ikhan and Kiara were in it for Rai, who also happened to be a sore newbie at all this. In fact, he didn't even know how to turn on a PC. It was obvious because it is not possible for a someone to just wake up after centuries and know everything about technology. Not like anyone was aware of that, though. In their eyes, Rai was a pretty nincompoop.

"Ok, so you turn in the computer by pressing the button." Kiara instructed.

"Then you press this icon to start the game.." Ikhan continued, maintaining his patience.

Rai finally began playing the game after ten minutes were wasted on the turning on of the PC. He had to learn the step by step rules for the game because he was incredibly clueless about all of this. He was even worse than a child who just started to learn how to use a computer. Maybe computer games were just not his kind of thing. He probably needed more time and practice. Or just give up for good.

"Oh gosh you are a complete and utter disgrace. Are you even from Earth?!"
Kiara shouted in fraustration, rubbing her forehead.

"I have to admit, you are the first person who didn't understand how to play this game after so much explanation. I have never failed to explain this game how come you're an exception?!" Ikhan shook his head.

All the criticism made Rai quite depressed and he was a dark, gloomy aura surrounding him the entire time . They later left the cafe, finally giving up on Rai. All of them teased Rai continuously on their way home, with Kiara being the one who did so the most. She seemed almost sadistic to the poor thing. They were eventually separated and eventually took different routes to their homes. Shinwoo and Ikhan took one road while Yuna left for hers. Now, Kiara and Rai were only remaining and having nowhere else to go, Rai began to follow Kiara like a lost puppy.

"So, um, where do you live, newbie?" Kiara blurted out in curiousity.

Rai didn't say anything. He just gazed up at front, not looking anywhere else.

"You aren't really the talkative type huh...." She muttered with a pout.

Quite a while had passed, and Rai still wasn't leaving her alone. To confirm if he was stalking her or not, she circled the street twice. Rai was still behind her. Kiara was now convinced that Rai was following her. Kiara started to fret immediately as she bit her nails in panic.

"Is he a serial kill in disguise of a student? Am I in danger? Should I attack him and run?"

Just then, they heard a loud scream coming from nearby. It was coming from a narrow street just beside theirs. Kiara, being a troublesome person like Shinwoo, decided to look around and see what was going on. She gestured Rai to follow her, not wanting to lose him so he could escape the punishment Kiara had planned for him. He did so without any hesitations. They strode towards the spot quietly, hoping no-one would notice them. However, what they set their eyes on next was extremely shocking. A strange inhuman-like creature was eating the arm of what seemed to be, of a human. The dead body was lying in an awkward position on the ground. The two froze in fright. Just as they were about to retreat, the creature looked up at then with a grin.

"Oh no...we're screwed!" Kiara's expression darkened immediately.