Chapter 57: Confrontation scares me Pt.2

They waisted no time and immediately set out for Vallatia. Since they didn't know what they were in for, Frankenstein suggested RK-5, Mia, Karias and Rael stay behind for further duties at school. But of course, they couldn't let that happen; not after what happened during their previous fight. In the end, Frankenstein had to give in to the bunch, defeated. In the short period of time they had left to spend, Aurora was called over for further assistance too. In no time, Rai, Frankenstein, Aurora, Kiara, M-21, Takio, Tao, Seira, Regis, Mia, Rael and finally Karias set out on their journey to the vast lands of Vallatia.

"What do you think could have been the matter?" Karias asked curiously.

"Lord Kieran said he can't explain on the phone. I'm sure it's a pretty serious problem..." Frankenstein rubbed his temple worriedly.

Rai noticed Kiara was sitting at the very last corner row seat of the jet, fidgeting continuously. It was understandable, since the situation seemed to be direly worrisome. Rai mustered up some courage and took a seat on the opposite row to Kiara, if not beside her. Rai was a little awkward at first, but eventually attempted to speak up.

"Please do not fret. Surely Vallatia is safe. After all, they have a very reliable Xavian as a lord." Rai implied, looking out of the small window.

That's when Kiara noticed Rai's presence. She looked up at Rai, and sighed.

"It's not that I'm worried about, it's whether I can face my people after all these years. What if they hate me now?" Kiara frowned, her eyes indicating only nervousness.

Rai immediately turned to Kiara, and tilted his head slightly.

"I am sure it shall not be an issue." Rai smiled at Kiara.

Kiara squinted at his reaction and then looked away, covering her face in embarrassment. Why did she do that? She never blushed at anyone before...

After 3 hours of the flight, Rai and the others finally arrived and were greeted by the worried Xavian soldiers of the kingdom.
They were all incredibly surprised to see a noble, and presumably humans, stepping on their land. Mia took the lead and talked to the guards about their sudden intrusion. Eventually they were permitted to go inside be palace.

Rai, Frankenstein, Aurora, and Kiara were the ones who planned to meet Kieran personally while the others were requested to stay back for a rest, since it was quite a long journey they had just experienced. Mia showed them all around the palace, leaving them all in awe by how lovely it was. Even Karias and the other nobles were dumbstruck by how bright and futuristic the surroundings were.

Rai, Frankenstein, Aurora and Kiara rushed to the throne room, where they found Kieran striding around impatiently

Rai, Frankenstein, Aurora and Kiara rushed to the throne room, where they found Kieran striding around impatiently. Kieran finally noticed the four and dashed towards Rai and Kiara's direction. Kiara was expecting a welcome hug from Kieran but instead, he embraced Rai tightly, leaving Frankenstein dumbfounded. Of course, he absolutely hated it when people envaded his beloved master's personal space.