Chapter Six

Beatrice POV:

"Klaus? What are you doing?" The living room is a mess. Piles of clothes, books and other random objects are scattered across the floor and on the sofa. "Beatrice." Klaus says whilst stuffing a pile of books into a suitcase which is putting up quite a fight. "This is very important. I need you to go and pack yourself a bag. Pack clothes, money, books, whatever you think you might need."
"Where are we going?" I ask confusedly.
"Your birthday trip is going to be a little earlier than expected. And before you ask about school, I've already called the school to let them know that you won't be there for the last week." I must look as shocked as I feel, because Klaus pauses in his battle with the suitcase. "I'll explain everything later, but for now I really need you to pack a bag. Now, please." I walk into my room just in time to hear the click of the suitcase closing.

Klaus POV:
Pack a bag, leave a note and hurry, Klaus, hurry. I can feel some semblance of calm, starngely. We've been on the run before. I scribble a note and leave it on the kitchen table.
"Lemony-
We've gone on a journey for Beatrice's birthday. It is a Very Fun Day."
Just enough code to make it inconspicuous to strangers or neighbors, but Ik'm confident that Lemony will know exactly what I mean. Beatrice emerges from her room carrying a small suitcase. "I'm all packed. I didn't know Violet wore beanies."
There's a small maroon hat in her hand.
"Isadora, she must have left it here today." I murmur. Beatrice's eyebrows shoot up.
"Isadora was here? Today? In your room?" She asks incredulously.
"Yes, she was." I say, just as Violet walks inside, saying,
"Klaus, why did you call? And what's all this about Isadora being here today?"
I can feel myself blushing, but I push it aside. "Vi, you need to pack a bag. We're being watched." Violet understands almost before I finish my sentence. She gives a quick nod and disappears into her room. "I still can't believe that Isadora was here." Beatrice says.
"Neither can I, Beatrice. Neither can I."

Heeey guys! Im really happy that this story has reached #117 overall in ASOUE fanfic! I really appreciate all of the reads 😘
xxx Jess