Chapter 2

We got to Trevor's lab.

"So this couldn't wait for tomorrow?" Shawn asked, I was looking around the lab.

"Your dad used to say platonic physics is the science of now not tomorrow," Trevor said. "And the syasmatic events will be gone before tomorrow."

"You've got Hawaii, Bolivia, Mongolia, the conditions today are nearly exactly the same as they were July 97."

"What's the big deal about July 97?" Shawn asked

"Shawn that was the year your dad went missing," I said he turned around.

"See the columned numbers here, if the 753 was a 752 then it would be-," The 753 changed to a 752, "... exactly the same."

"What are these little blips," Shawn asked.

"Don't touch that, those little blips are my entire life's work."

"These 4 little blips are your entire life's work," I asked. Trevor held up three fingers.

"Three, three little blips," Trevor said.

"Um, 1,2,3,4," Shawn said, pointing at the blips.

"Iceland," Trevor mumbled.

We got back to the house.

"This makes sense, Max saw the readings ten years ago, and went to investigate, now, if the readings are the same today as they were then. This might be my chance to figure out what happened. Madi you're gonna have to come with me. Shawn I'm gonna need your passport," Trevor said.

"What are you talking about?" We asked.

"I'm talking about this a journey to the center of the earth," Trevor said and through Shawn the book. Shawn opened it, "It's all set in Iceland, which is where he must have gone."

"These were all my dads notes," Shawn said, I nodded.

"I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to get you to Ottawa in the morning, and I'm calling Icelandair," Trevor said and started dialing a number on his phone, I went and unplugged it.

"Look he just got here, you're not gonna go and ditch him. Plus he was the one who found your life's work, four little blip thing in the first place," I said and stepped between the two of them. I finally found someone who was around my age, I wasn't gonna let him go that easily.

"Oh it's my brother we're talking about here," Trevor rebelled.

"And it's his dad, now he's gonna have to be in Ottawa for ten days, he's coming with us," I said.

"You know how much it costs to book a last minute flight to regnea bank?"

"Something tells me you've got it covered."