Chapter 6

I felt water on my cheek.

"Is that water?" Hannah shouted.

"Yes water!" I shouted.

"WATER SLIDE, WATER SLIDE, WATER SLIDE!" Shawn said while crossing his fingers. We hit the water slide, and we slid down into a pool. Everyone started to swim but I couldn't, I knew it was my jacket but I couldn't take it off. My jacket was to heavy for me.

Shawn's POV

I swam to the top of the water.

"Shawn!" Trevor shouted.

"Hannah!"

"Yeah!" She shouted. We got to the land. Wait a minute where was Madi.

"Madi? MADI!" I shouted looking for her, I dived back into the water. She was where we landed, struggling to swim. I quickly swam to her and grabbed her hips towards the top of the water.

Back to you

"My jacket was too heavy," I breathed. Shawn pulled me towards the land, Trevor helped him.

"I'm so sorry," He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"You almost drowned," He said sadly and I smiled.

"But I didn't, so what's there to worry about?" I smiled he looked towards me and smiled sadly.

"See," Hannah whispered.

"What?"

"He does like you."

"Oh be quiet!" I laughed.

"Is it just me or is the cave ceiling moving?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah does look like it, doesn't it?" Trevor said confused. I got up as the blue dots on the ceiling started to move even more.

"They're birds?" Shawn said.

"Electric birds?" I asked.

"They look like cyanosoropter eggs, only they're bioluminescent like, like fireflies or glow worms, it's incredible!" Trevor said.

"Cool little birds," Shawn reached out to touch the bird and they flew away into a tunnel.

"Hey guys look a tunnel," I said and Shawn ran towards it.

"Hey Shawn wait for me!" I said.

" I don't Wow..." I said.

"Ladies and gentlemen I give you the center of the earth," Trevor said, "Max was right, he was right. MAX WAS RIGHT! Your dad was right." I just stood there in awe.

"Hannah your dad was right too," Shawn said.

"They both believed in something that everyone told them was impossible. HE WAS RIGHT!" Trevor shouted.

"Whats that light up there?" I asked.

"I don't know some sort of luminous gas combination, I don't know."

"A terrarium."

"A terrarium thousands of mile beneath the crust of the earth, a world within the world."

"The water falls which for a long time could be heard flowing from afar, now cascading along the towering canon walls," Trevor read, "I mean it's the same thing Lidan Brock wrote."

"Are we saying that Lidan Brock's character was real that he existed?" Hannah asked.

"Someone come down here, someone saw all this, someone got out and someone told Verne," Trevor said.

"Someone got out, that's the best thing I've heard all day!" I said.

"I mean doesn't this just completely blow your mind?" Trevor asked, he blew on a giant dandelion.

"My mind is blown, yes," I said.

"Enormous fossilized mushrooms!" Trevor said.

"Sorta like humongous fungus!" Shawn joked, we ran off. There was a lake full of beautiful tiny little fish. Some were blue, some were red and some were purple.

"Oh Shawn look at that one," I said pointing to a blue bird, they looked like one of the same ones that lead us out of the cave. The bird flew towards us.

"Hey little guy!" Shawn said, putting out his hand for it to land on. He landed on his arm and started pecking at him.

"I think he likes you Shawn," I laughed. Shawn laughed to.

"Guys come quick!" Shawn shouted. We found a house.

"I'm going in!" I said.

"Hey yeah wait for me!" Shawn said, Trevor followed us in.

"I'll be right there," Hannah said.

"Someone actually lived here?" I asked.

"That somebody was Lidan Brock," Trevor said pointing at the book, "Look at this, the equipment, state of the art, a century ago."

"Okay guys I'm gonna go and find Hannah!" I said, I saw Hannah by a tree looking at something.

"Yo Hannah you good?" I asked, she said nothing and showed me the bottle she had found, it said Max. We ventured further and I found a flashlight.

"Madi don't come over here," Hannah said.

"Why," I said, staying were I was.

"I've probably found Max," She said, I ran over to the edge. And there he was, dead, he looked like he died from heat exhaustion. We went back. Hannah stayed outside when I went back in.

"Trevor can I talk to you for a minute, out here?" Hannah asked as I was going back in.

"Can you wait here for a minute?" Trevor asked us. Shawn went to me. I had been crying. Even though I didn't know Max, or could've got to, I still felt so bad for Shawn, him having to live a decade of his life without knowing if his father was still alive.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Shawn said running up to hug me.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry," I cried.

"Hey, why are you sorry?" He asked. He asked lifting my head off his shoulder.

"I think we've found Max," I said, Shawn looked shocked and confused at the same time. He ran out the thing and followed Trevor down to where we found him.

The burial happened.

"I never really got the chance to know him, I mean, I wish I did," Shawn said, he held my hand.

"He wrote something and I want you to here it," Trevor said, "Today was Shawn's 3rd birthday, 6 weeks ago I promised myself that I would be home in time to give him his first baseball glove, now I'm worried that I'll never get the chance. I set out to make an incredible journey to share with Trevor and the world, but now, I would trade it all, just to see you grow up, to be the brave and caring man, I'm certain you will become. Happy birthday Shawn, I love you. Daddy." Shawn's lip start to quiver, "Goodbye Max." When Trevor said that Shawn hugged me as tight as I wouldn't believe. He was literally hugging the breath out of me. He was crying on my shoulder, my shirt got a little wet but I didn't care. We walked back towards the tree house.