Chapter 8

I woke up. I got up and looked around. Shawn was over there.

"SHAWN!" I shouted as I ran over to him. "Shawn, Shawn, can you hear me are you awake please don't be dead." I kept shaking him. He woke.

"What what, Madi where are we?" He said, I hugged him.

"I-I don't know, I'm scared Shawn," I said. He hugged me back.

"It's okay, we're gonna find Trevor and Hannah, okay? Don't worry." He got up, and crawled towards some water.

"Shawn that's not-," I started, Shawn drank it but spit it out, "Clean. Look Shawn." I pointed at the blue bird again.

"Hey little guy," Shawn said, "Do you know where we can get clean water?" We followed the bird into a cave.

"Hey where'd you go," Shawn said. I looked to the right.

"Shawn look!" I said pointing to the right. There was clean water there. We drank so water.

"Shawn where's the Giza?" I said filing up his bottle, he got out his compass.

"Well we're south the Giza is north," Shawn said I passed him the bottle.

We got into a green area.

"Hey can we sit down for a minute?" I asked.

"Yeah," Shawn put down his backpack, "Drink this."

"Shawn I drank two hours ago we need to save this, plus isn't this the last of our water?" Shawn nodded, "We should save it."

"Madi, drink." I drank a little bit of water, "More, all of it." I shook my head and put the bottle back in the bag. 
Shawn looked at the temperature measurer.

"Hey, we'll get there, okay," I said. I got back up and we started to walk.

Shawn's POV

I turned around and Madi had gone.

"Madi? Madi? MADI!" I said I looked around the corner and she was being strangled by a articcarnivious plant.
I fought it, I kicked it and I ripped it out of the ground. Madi fell into my arms.

"Oh my Jesus are you alright?" I asked her.

"I am now, let's go!" She said. I put her down.

Back to you again

We walked into a cave, and the compass was going crazy. Shawn kept looking at it and he fell.

"Shawn are you alright?" I said helping him up.

"I'm good, it's like a magnetic field, WATCH OUT!" Shawn said, grabbing me just as I was about to walk of the edge.

"Thanks," I said, and patted him on the shoulder.

"We're gonna have to jump across the rocks?" He said.

"Looks like it," I said. I jumped to the first rock and Shawn followed behind me.

"Shawn, you good?" I asked, I looked at him, he nodded, and looked down.

"Hey just don't look down," I said, "Shawn, just look at me okay."

"You act like you've done this before," Shawn said and laughed a little.

"No, but my dads a mountain climber, and he has taught me about stuff like this." I said, Shawn jumped to his next rock, and the side of it came off. "Shawn you're okay, just follow me okay?"

I got to the other side of the cavern, Shawn jumped to the last rock.
His rock started to tip upside down.

"No, no, no no no," He said, I tried to reach him but he was to far. He went right side up again but he went upside down. His rock hit the part of the cavern where I was standing. I sighed in relief, Shawn opened his eyes. He got up.

"Oh my god, we're actually gonna die out here," I laughed, Shawn walked towards me and he looked at me like he was mesmerized.

"Are you okay," I asked, Shawn grabbed my hips, and leaned towards me, and gently Shawn pressed his lips against mine, we kissed passionately.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to so that before we got out, and never see each other again," Shawn said, I nodded and gently kissed him again.

"It's okay, c'mon we need to go," I said and grabbed his hand.