Chapter 3

We were on the plane and Trevor was reading a part out of the book.

"Descent bull traveler enter the controllable snifles as the shadow of the scarrts touches the heart, you will enter the center of the earth. Ooo." We all laughed.

"What are you doing?"

"I am deciphering these notations that your father made, IS, CG, PB, I believe PB is on the periodic table. As Plumbum, Plumbum means lef-."

"What's Sigborn Asgerson?" Shawn asked.

"What?"

"Oh, if you read it down, Sigborn Asgerson," I said.

"Sigborn Asgerson? That's a clue! Maybe it's a place or a thing?" Trevor said, Shawn got out his PSP and started clicking something, "What are you doing?"

"I'm googling at 30,000 feet," Shawn said.

"You supposed to be doing that?" Trevor asked quietly.

"Welcome to the 21st century," Shawn said, "M'kay, here."

"It's a person! Max would've known this guy, I know it was a good thing to bring you kid, his institute has to be his first stop." Trevor said, Shawn rolled his eyes. I laughed at that.

We were driving.

"Are we there yet?" Shawn asked, I laughed.

"If you mean annoying, yeah we're there."

"You know you're going kinda slow?"

"I'm going kinda safe."

"I just saw a goat in the passing lane," I said, Trevor and Shawn turned there heads.

"When the whole adventure thing gonna begin?" Shawn asked. Trevor passed us a map.

"Let me give you something fun to do, navigate, where are we?"

"Have we passed Havanschuf?" Shawn asked.

"Havanschuf? I don't know."

"Have we passed Ingastardria?" I asked

"Dunno."

"Rainivier?"

"I don't know."

"Hasstuf?"

"No!"

"Gindolhole?"

"No?"

"Stifflarstarter."

"Stifflarstarter?"

"How about Cuducadasnoku?"

"What?"

I woke up.

"Hey there's a little shack up there, maybe we can stop there and ask for directions," Shawn shrugged.

"Guys *Yawn* where are we?" I asked, Shawn got out the car and opened the door for me.

"We're Just stopping here and asking for directions," Shawn said and smiled.

"What's this, Ski shack?"

"Asgerson, professive suite for science and volcanology. I told you I'd find it," Trevor said looking at Shawn, Shawn held out his hand for me to grab. We started to walk.

"Alrighty, not to shabby!"

"Right?"

Trevor knocked on the door and we heard someone say something in Icelandic.

"Oh I'm sorry, I don't speak Icelandic," Trevor shouted. A really pretty woman opened the door, she looked around her late 20s/ early 30s.

"Hi can I help you?" She said.

"Hello," I don't think I was the only one who thought she was pretty. Seeing the looks on Trevor's and Shawn's faces.

"I'm Hannah," She said and stuck out her hand. Trevor and Hannah shook hands.

"Hi I'm professor Anderson, I'm visiting from America this is Shawn, my nephew and this is Madi my neighbor's daughter," Trevor said, we shook hands with Hannah.

"I was wondering if I could possibly speak with uhh~ Sigborn Asgerson?" Trevor asked.

"Oh um Sigborn Asgerson is dead."

"Dead?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah he died three winters ago."

"Well do you run the institute?"

"Nobody runs it there is no institute."

"There's a sign down the road that says-."

"Oh profesive volcanology was a failed idea, like the Berlin War, he tracked tapes."

"So did you work with him?"

"No he was my father."

Hannah gave us some hot chocolate. Trevor showed Hannah the book.

"Yes I know it, what about it?" She asked

"Well, this book belonged to my late brother Max, Max Anderson, we believe he had been in contact with your father."

"Your brother was a Vernion."

"A what?" I asked.

"Someone who believed the writing of Jules Verne was actual fact, I mean the guy was a science fiction writer, and yet this society of believers regarding like a visionary, my father was the biggest Vernion of them all," Hannah explained.

"My brother was no Vernion." Hannah got out another copy of the book, I looked at Shawn he was just awing at what Hannah was saying.

"This was my fathers copy," She flicked to the same page as in Max's book, "Your brother was a Vernion."

"Wow, my dad was kinda out there," Shawn said, as he snapped back into reality.

"You didn't know him Shawn."

"I'm starting to think you didn't either."

"He was no member of some secret society."

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Trevor is a scientist he's a professor, and we're here because there are systemic sensors going off, north from here that we think we should check into and that's the reason that we're here plain and simple," I said, Shawn looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

"Okay, you know there are no roads to the north," Hannah said.

"Well," Said Trevor.

"I'm a mountain guide I can take you there professor?"

"Great!" I said.

"That's great I love hiking," Shawn said.

"Great, I would appreciate that that be great."

"Good!" Hannah said and got up.

"Call me Trevor."

"You can call me Shawn!"

"So it be 5000 krona to get up there."

"5 grand a day no problem?"

"An hour."

"Do you except roles of quarters?" I asked.