Chapter 7

I woke up in the tree house, Shawn's arms were wrapped I'm gonna around me like I said was a little teddy bear. I smiled. I could feel his breathing on my neck. My heart immediately started out pumping out of my chest. I felt him wake up. I closed my eyes. Just so it didn't feel weird. I felt him get off the hammock.

"The magma that surrounds us basically turns this place into a big oven.

"Is that what happened with to my dad?" Shawn asked, no one said anything.

"Look I know I'm just a kid but I can handle this really," Shawn said. I pretended to wake up.

"Both of you come and sit down here," Trevor said.

"Max was planning an escape."

"The notes in here are saying that down here the temperature can easily hit 200 degrees."

"No human being can survive past 135 degrees."

"It's already 95 degrees," Shawn said.

"It was 82 when we got here, the temperatures rising quickly," I said.

"So what do we do?"

"I say we follow Max's plan."

"Here what is says, my analysis of the original Verne text leads me to believe that across the ocean of north of my current position, there is a Giza like river, that could be used to return to the surface," Hannah read.

"All we need to do is get across this ocean," Trevor said, "Then find the Giza then just, hitch a ride top side."

"Top side sounds good," Shawn said.

"It's a little trickier than that it could get so hot down here that all the water can evaporate."

"How much time do we have?" I asked.

"48 hours or something?" Trevor said, the tree house shook again.

"Okay so the question is, what is the fastest way to get across the ocean," Hannah asked.

"There's a way we can get around it 'cause if we hike-."

"Well we don't have time," Hannah said, I opened the book and nodded at Shawn.

"Its all in the book," I said putting the book down on the table.

While Trevor and Hannah started constructing the raft, me and Shawn went out to collect stuff for foods. I got berries, fruits. Shawn got some crab meat and something else which looked like yogurt but probably wasn't. I also got some herbs.

"Eat your trila bites Shawn gotta keep your strength up," Trevor said as Shawn took a bite. He looked disgusted.

While the others built the boat I went and looked for stuff to eat. I could tell if stuff was poisonous because I know my foods, and how to tell if they're poisoned.

I came back around two hours later and the boat was built. Hannah and I stood on the boat while the boys caught the wind in the kite.

"Okay hold it, hold it really steady."

"Good good good."

"Ready?"

"Yeah!"

"3...2...1 go!" Trevor said, Shawn and him threw the flag and it caught the wind.

"YEAH"

"ALRIGHT!"

"WOO HOO!"

"Oop we're going, we are going! Hey hey wait for me!" We set sail.

"The winds picking up maybe we should lower the kite?" Asked Hannah, after 1 hour on the boat.

"We can't do that it's 109 degrees," sighed Trevor. The blue bird flew towards us.

"He's back, hey little guy," Shawn said.

A storm started to catch us and eventually we were trapped in it.

"JUST A LITTLE STORM AINT NO BIG DEAL!" Trevor shouted, Shawn had his coat over our heads.

"There's something moving down there," Hannah said.

"It's cosureresent plankton, it's the same thing we saw at the beach," Trevor shouted.

"I don't know it looks kinda big for plankton!"

"Shawn we're not at sea world so back of a little alright."

"I think it's some sort of fish!" The fish jumped out of the water. I had full white eyes, and piranha like teeth. Trevor caught one.

"Ahhhh," Trevor screamed as he kicked the fish.

"Shawn I told you we'd get to the batting cage, batter up!" Trevor shouted and passed us a branch each.

"Okay let's so what you got," Shawn said. He hit the fish, "Yeah line drive!"

We hit lots a fish and then we could hear something... it sounded like... a phone?

"Mom?" Shawn said.

"Uncle Trevor and I, we're sorta on a fishing trip and uhh uhh..." He started, I hit the fish away from Hannah, "Uncle Trevor has got a really big one!"

"My phone!" He shouted a fish jumped and ate it.

"SHAWN!" I shouted, something big was coming towards our boat.

"I got it, I got it, WOAH!" Shawn nearly fell off of the boat because a Loch Ness monster kind of thing landed its head on the boat. I ran towards him and grabbed him.

"No! No! Stay away from the sides!" Trevor shouted as he grabbed me, "They don't want us the want the fish!"

"Shawn and Madi you take the line, Hannah pull the slack!"

"Kids you wanna take us home star way!"

"What?"

"THAT WAY!" We got out of the crowd of sea monsters and we celebrated, we were safe.

"YOU'RE THE MAN UNCLE TREV!" Shawn shouted

"THATS WHAT I WILL TELL THE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY FOR USE!" Trevor shouted, the kite blew in the different direction and Hannah's hands were cut, "HANNAH!"

"The kite," Shawn said, "Madi you get the left side I'll get the right side!" I did what he told me to do.

"SHAWN, MADI DONT DO THAT!" We kept hold of the lines. Trevor tried to get us but before he could do that. We got pulled away, with one hand I held the kite and with the other I held Shawn's hand

"GUYS! DONT LET GO!" Trevor shouted.