Error x Ink

Error's POV.

It was another boring day in the anti-void. I was sitting on the white 'ground', just playing around with my strings. I just came back from destroying another anomaly or how Ink calls them. . . AU's.

Ink always interrupted when I tried to have fun. It was so annoying. He always ruins my fun and he just doesn't get that destroying is just as important to me as creating is to him.
He just doesn't get it.

We fight all the time because of this and it's really getting on my nerves. And the worst thing is that he thinks that he can reason with me. He thinks that he can make me stop destroying but. . . he can't. Like I already said, destroying is important for me. Maybe Ink doesn't get it. Maybe you don't get it. But I feel like destroying is some kind of purpose. If I'm not 'Error the destroyer', then who am I?

I sighed and made my blue strings disappear. I got up and opened a portal. Maybe a little time at Outertale will help me clear my head. As soon as I stepped into the portal and my feet touched the ground of the Universe in Space, I felt better already. The Portal closed behind me and I took a deep breath of the chilly air. I walked over to my favourite spot at the cliff and sat down, leaving my feet hanging off the edge.

My eyesockets closed as I tried to relax. Outertale always had that ability to calm me down. That's why I'm here so often I guess. When I came here for the first time, I just wanted to destroy it but when I saw this dark, empty but still beautiful place, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. This place is just so peaceful and the only Universe that doesn't get on my nerves.

I sat there for a few minutes, just relaxing and thinking. After a while my mind started to wander to the Creator himself. Ink and I have known longer than I can remember. I think we were kids when we first met. We just stumbled across each other one day in the void. Him and me both had lived there for a while without even realising that the other was there.

Our reaction of the meeting was very different. While I was kinda afraid that someone just showed up in what I see as my 'home', he beamed and even wanted to hug me. He seemed so. . . relieved, as if he hasn't seen anyone for a long time. I mean, I know the feeling. I haven't seen anyone for a while aswell but I got so used to have no one around me that I became really nervous if someone is around me.

Luckily Ink understood that and gave me space. After that we started to talk and over time, we even became friends. What happened to make us enemies? Well. . .

After a long time of hanging out, we discovered that we can make portals to other worlds. We visited a few and I have to admit, some of them were very cool until we stumbled across other versions of ourselves. They didn't see us though. We just walked through an AU when we spotted them. These other versions were already adults, I guess and I can't remember all the details.

When Ink saw them, he was so excited that he almost puked and I just wanted to puke aswell, but with another reason. Seeing another version of myself and the thought that there are more just made me feel sick and so. . . so. . . small.

Long story short, Ink and I drove apart after that. He always was looking for new AU's, while I just wanted to stay in the void. Then one day, Ink ran into the void really excited and then he showed me how he summoned his paintbrush. He said that he could create stuff now and that he could help the AU's get bigger.

Something in me snapped, when he disappeared again. A strong rage filled me and my soul hurted so much. And that was the first time I summoned my strings. I don't know what came over me. All I knew is that I wanted to kill those. . . those. . . those anomalies.

And that's how everything became the way it is now. I started to destroy, Ink started creating and after a while we qualified us as enemies.

To be honest, I don't know why I snapped back then. Maybe I was a little bit jealous that Ink liked the AU's more than hanging out with me.