Palette x Goth

WARNING: This one shot contains the Hanahaki Disease!

For those who don't know what that is: It's a fictional disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings (romantic love only; strong friendship is not enough), or when the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear.

And yes, I made a google search for this. 😅

Goth's POV.

Everything started last year with simple coughing. At first we all thought it was just a cold and that it would be over soon. Though, I knew something was off. I knew this wasn't a cold because I only got this coughing attacks everytime Palette left after a hang out. As the months went by, my parents got really worried and took me to a doctor when my coughing wouldn't stop.

The doctor couldn't find anything at first, so he started to ask me about my daily routine to see if there was anything that could trigger my coughing. When I came to the time of the day where I hung out with Palette I started to blush from those memories and. . . I started to cough again but this time it was stronger than ever before. It was so strong and painful that I fell off the chair, collapsing on the ground. My parents rushed over to me trying to help me, although they didn't know how.

It felt horribly. I could feel something becoming tight around my non-existent lungs as I had trouble breathing. There was lot of noises but I couldn't make out anything. My whole attention was on that unbearable pain. Something crawled up my throat and my coughing became even stronger if that was possible. Then finally something left my mouth but I couldn't tell what it was because my eyes were filled with tears. It went quite as soon as I coughed that something out, it was like someone flipped a switch. My vision started to clear and I saw that little thing that just left my body. It was a little green-yellow flower patel with a little blood on it. I turned my head and saw the shocked faces of my parents and the doctor. Still wide eyed, the doctor said one sentence that would change everything forever.

"It's. . . It's the Hanahaki disease. . ."

Well, and that was it. My cruel diagnosis. The doctor told us everything he knew about the disease. When he told us that it was a deadly illness caused by one-sided love, my parents burst out in tears, especially my mom but I was just shocked about the one-sided love part. I have to admit, Palette is cute, sweet and caring and he looks really good but I never thought that my feelings were this strong.

My dad asked if the hanahaki disease could be healed and the doctor said yes in two ways. Either when Palette returns my feelings or when they remove the illness with a surgery but if I do that, all my feelings for Palette would be removed aswell and. . . I didn't want that.

Both my parents begged me to do the surgery because I didn't want to talk to Palette about this. They don't want me to die of course. That would be hard especially for dad because he would be the one who has to reap me.

Anyway, right now I was hanging out with Palette again watching a movie. He made a few jokes as I felt all warm inside but also I felt the thorns around my lungs tighten. Palette didn't know about my condition. I didn't want him to know. Every time I had to cough up flower patels I would hold it in even if it hurts or make a excuse and doing this painful 'business' in the bathroom. I didn't want to die but I didn't want to do the surgery neither. I'd rather let this kill me than losing all my love for him.

As we watched the movie I became sleepy and before I could stop it my head fell on Palette's shoulder.