The Man, The Myth, The Legend

There were many things Lee could appreciate about Rushil

There were many things Lee could appreciate about Rushil. In fact, he had a mental list of Rushil's top qualities and right at the top of the list was Rushil's less-than-masculine approach to friendship.

Lee supposed it had to do with Rushil's upbringing—being raised by two women stomped out the toxic masculinity from Rushil's biological father. But whatever the case, Rushil wasn't the type of guy to say No Homo and peace-out of the conversation.

Rushil thumped Lee on the chest before swinging away, arms out. "Just saying, dude. My roomie's single, I'm single, we're all single. We are just a solo men's club, the four of us."

"What four?"

"You, me, my roommate, and Ezra."

Lee laughed at the mention of his RA. Ezra Ness, otherwise known as the Resident Dad and Resident Assistant on his floor at Manley Hall. The only reason Rushil even knew Ezra was by pure coincidence. Lee and Rushil had been studying in the Manley Hall study room when Ezra crashed in with a roar that shot Rushil's soul straight out of his body and onto the Moon. They really hadn't talked aside from that one interaction, but Rushil was convinced that Ezra Ness was now a permanent member of the OChem Struggle Squad.

As Lee tried in vain to argue against Ezra's inclusion in the matter, they crossed the campus in no time. Rushil would have none of it. "That man is the face of a nation. He could probably command the entire dorm swear loyalty to him and they would."

"The only reason he'd be able to command it is because of that distracting voice of his," Lee said. "Talking normally is whispering to him. We're all lucky he doesn't have a roommate or else we'd hear him blabbering on from down the hall!"

"What'd I tell ya! The guy's made for big crowds and leading the people. Hashtag My President."

"As if he'd even run for management, let alone student president. You know he's only an RA to pay for housing," Lee said, but he couldn't deny the fact that every kid on his floor loved Ezra. Ezra didn't get the title Resident Dad for nothing. He rolled his eyes and said, "Well, the guy could probably put his fist through a wall and everyone would cheer. If that doesn't scream charisma I don't know what does."

"Fascinating."

"You know, one time, I was half naked, swapping boxers, and this idiot Ezra barges into my room saying it's Smash Bros time because evidently that's a thing that happens every fucking weekend and I'm over here like, 'Sounds gay, I'm in,' but insert me in nothing but a pair of Waluigi boxers—"

"Wait, why Waluigi?"

"Because they're purple. We've been over this, Rushil. Anyway—"

"What about Smash Bros is gay?"

"Rushil, do you not have ears? Listen to me say the name. Listen, listen—Smash. Bros."

"Sounds gay to me." The voice certainly wasn't Rushil.