The Big Sleep

(Luna's POV)

I was woken up by an air horn the next morning. "Ow it's 7:00 in the morning do I look like a farmer to you!" LeShawana yells from the Gopher's cabin and I quickly got dressed and went outside to hear what the challenge is. I saw Eva nearly bite Cody's hand off for touchings her mp3 player. "Morning hope you slept well." Chris said to all of us. "Hi Chris you look really buff in those shorts." Heather says and I rolled my eyes I could tell she was just trying to kiss up to the host. "I know" Chris replies before giving us instructions for today's challenge. "Okay I hope you're all ready because your next challenge begins in exactly one minute." He explains and I had to wonder what it was we were doing. "Oh excuse me I don't know if that's enough  time to eat breakfast." Owen says "oh you'll get breakfast Owen right after you complete your 20 kilometer run around the lake." Chris explains and Eva was pissed at that. "Oh so you think you're funny now! You know what I think would be funny." Eva says and as Geoff and Duncan hold her back I walk up to her with Courtney. "Eva try to control your temper." Courtney says "you're enjoying this aren't you?' Eva asks and Chris nods his head. "A little" he answers as I step in front of Eva. "Eva the run won't be so bad and you have your music to listen to so it should fly by for you." I say encouragingly and that causes her to calm down a little. "You have 30 seconds." Chris said as I got into running position.

"Okay runners on your mark get set go." Chris said and I take off running and once I'm a head of everyone else and out of their sight. I use my abilities and run as fast as the speed of light. I make it back to the Main Lodge in record timing and head inside. A half hour later Duncan shows up. "How did you get here so fast?" I ask looking at him suspiciously. "I used a short cut what about you?" Duncan asks and I just shrug. "I don't know I guess I've always been a fast runner." I tell him and he just glares at me suspicious. I really got to learn to be more careful when I use my powers. It took a while for everyone to finish the run around the lake.

Mostly everyone has arrived when Owen finally arrived holding a unconscious Noah. "Clear a table stat." He said as LeShawana walked in a collapsed to the floor. "Ah we made it." She said and I noticed Owen giving Noah CPR and Harold came running in with breathing issues. "What took you so long we just lost the challenge!" Courtney exclaimed sounding annoyed. "I think I'm having heart palpitations." He said trying to defend himself and catch his breath. "Hey wait a minute if they lost that means we won the challenge." Gwen said causing all the Gophers to cheer.

"Whoa there hold your horses guys. That wasn't the challenge." Chris said appearing out of nowhere. "What did you just say?" Gwen said but it sounded more like a question. "Who's hungry?" Chris asks revealing a table with really tasty looking food to all of us.

//After a whole week of disgusting slop that real food honestly looked like heaven but I bet there's a catch after all turkey makes you sleepy.//

The food on the table was gone within the hour and everyone was stuffed except for me.. I didn't have that much to eat besides a couple of apples because it was just to suspicious. "Okay campers time for part two of your challenge!" Chris said through a megaphone. "I thought eating was the second part." Owen said "what more do you want from us?" Gwen asked and I had to wonder what the next part of challenge was. "Weird goth girl is right haven't we been through enough?" Heather says agreeing with Gwen in a mean way. "Um let me think about that...no. It's time for the awake-athon!" Chris announces through the megaphone and it's honestly beginning to hurt my ears. "I knew something was up." I say looking at my teammates. "The what-athon?" Owen asks sounding confused. "Don't worry this is an easy one. The team with the last camper standing wins invincibility." Chris explains yelling through the megaphone. "So what you're saying is the 20km run and the turkey eating frenzy were part of your evil plan to make it harder for us to stay awake." Gwen said "that's right Gwen." Chris said and I nodded. "Good plan it's evil but still good plan." I say and everyone nodded in agreement. "Move, move, move!" Chris yelled and we all went to the campfire pit.