The Sucky Outdoors

(Luna's POV)

We were all at the campfire pit when Chris showed up and explained our next challenge. "Campers today's challenge will test your outdoor survival skill. I'm not gonna lie to you some of you may not come back alive." Chris said making us all gasp worried. "Just joking. All you have to do is spend one night in the woods. Everything you need is at your team's campsite in the forest you just have to find it." Chris tossing both teams a map and compass. Heather caught the Gophers and Duncan caught ours making Courtney look away unimpressed. "Oh and watch out for bears. Lost a couple of interns in pre-production. First team back for breakfast wins invincibility." Chris says before blowing an air horn before telling us to go. "Did he say there are bears up in here?" LeShawna asked sounding worried. "I had a little encounter with a bear once. Let's just say his head looks real nice up on my mantle." Owen bragged making me roll my eyes. I don't think he could spend one night on Immortal Island. "Oh this one time I saw a bear eating our garbage. He had old spaghetti noodles hanging from his big huge teeth and it looked like blood and guts. Oh so gross and we thought he was eating the neighbor's cat Simba but it turned out he was just lost for a week uh you didn't eat spaghetti did you?" Izzy asked stopping her rambling as Lindsey shook her head. "Good let's go!" Izzy cheered happily and her team left.

//Okay so Izzy is extremely crazy and I'm pretty sure she was exaggerating.//

Courtney took the map and compass from Duncan and began to lead us through the woods to our campsite. I helped her with directions for a little bit before going to the back of the group and unfortunately ended up beside Duncan. "So are you going to tell me the secret you're hiding?" Duncan asked and I turn to face him. "I didn't know you cared about what I'm hiding." I retort before quickly walking up to Courtney and walked with her the rest of the way to the campsite.

When we reached the campsite I began to help Courtney, Geoff, and Bridgette pitch the tent. "Wow you pitch a tent like a guy." Geoff said flirting horribly with Bridgette. Bridgette gave him a weird look. I was just astounded by this whole situation. "I mean you're not all girly about getting dirty and stuff." Geoff said trying to save himself but it didn't exactly work out to be that way. "Gee thanks." Bridgette said but not in a happy tone. "What's for dinner woman I'm starving?" Duncan asked smiling. "I hope you don't expect me to dignify that with a response." Courtney answered and I honestly think they like each other.

//Okay I'm so glad I don't have a boyfriend or any guys chasing after me. But I don't know how much longer that will last.//

"Hey guys look what I found." DJ said and in his arms was the cutest little rabbit. "Well I never had rabbit stew before but what the heck I'm game." Duncan said and I immediately stepped protectively in front of DJ and the rabbit. "This is my new pet. I'm calling Bunny." DJ explains and I nod my head. "No one is eating this rabbit. But I'll go out and see what type of food I can find." I say and Bridgette surprisingly volunteers to join me. We walked through the woods and eventually found some berries. "So do you have a boyfriend back home cheering you on?" Bridgette asked and I stopped collecting berries. "No I don't but the truth is I'm going to be matched up." I answer surprisingly being honest about it. "What's that supposed to mean?" Bridgette asked and hand her the small sack I filled with berries. "Back where I'm from when you reach a certain age your married off to your exact match. It's kind of like your soulmates but different. Before you say anything it's not bad they marry you off to someone who complements your strengths and you have a year to get to know the person. At the end of the year you can choose whether or not you want to marry them and if you say no they leave you alone and let you decide who you want to be with." I explain and Bridgette seemed to understand what I was saying. "Wow that's interesting but a little weird." Bridgette said and we walked back to our campsite.