Up The Creek

(Luna's POV)

I was walking down to the beach with Courtney and Bridgette to hear about the next challenge. "So what's it like being immortal?" Bridgette asks and I think on that question for a little bit. "It's basically the same as being human except a few differences." I answer shrugging my shoulders. "What sort of differences Luna?" Courtney asks and I had to think for a few minutes. "There's a couple things for one all immortals are blessed with gifts of an elemental ability, and another big difference is that we're already matched up to our soulmates." I explain and I could tell that they wanted to know more but before they could ask we arrived at the beach and Chris was ready to explain the next challenge.

"Bass, Gophers today's challenge is a true summer camp experience a canoe trip. You'll be paddling your canoes across the lake to Bony Island." Chris explains doing the last part in a creepy voice to try and get us to freak out. "When you get there you must portage your canoes to the other side of the island. Which is about a two-hour hike through treacherous, dense jungle." Chris says and I see Geoff looks confused. "We got to pour what?" He asks confused as Bridgette looks away frustrated and annoyed. "We have to walk with our canoe." I say to him and then he understands. "Oh when you arrive at the other end of the island you'll build a rescue fire that will be judged by me. The first team to paddle home and return there canoes to the beach is the winner of invincibility. Move campers move!" Chris orders and we all begin running towards the beach. "Oh wait." Chris says as we all stop running. "One more thing I should mention legend has it if you take anything off the island you'll be cursed forever." Chris says in a creepy tone of voice again and this time we all gasped because we heard thunder. All of us except Owen. "Yeah a cursed island whoa." He cheered happily as the rest of us gave him a scared look. I think we were all scared by the cursed island.

"Now get in your canoes and lets have some fun." Chris said and we all just walked to our canoes. "Courtney, Luna be my partners?" Bridgette asked as me and Courtney walked down the stairs that lead to the beach. I noticed Geoff looked a little hurt that Bridgette didn't partner up with him.

//What's up with Bridgette and Geoff I thought they had a thing for each other. I wondered what happened.//

We were all in our canoes waiting for Chris to tell us to begin. "On your marks, get set, paddle." Chris says firing a shot into the air and we all began paddling. After a while of padding I turn to look at Bridgette. "So Bridgette what's up between you and Geoff?" I ask and Bridgette roles her eyes. "Oh my gosh it was so bad. I come back from brushing my teeth and I noticed something bulging under my covers when I lifted them there it was. It was a clay money holder made from arts and crafts." Bridgette explained and me and Courtney gasped. "No." Courtney said and I honestly felt bad for the guy he was trying so hard to be romantic. "Yes." Bridgette replied horrified by what she had found. "It gets worse edged into the back was an inscription that said I hope you think of me whenever you drop loose change into this." Bridgette said gagging and Courtney face palmed. "Well I for one think it was sweet of him to try and be romantic." I say and both girls look at me like I'm crazy. "Think about how Geoff feels about the gift I mean he did try his hardest at making you something even if it is cheesy." I explain then look around as it got foggier and harder to see. "I think we reached our destination." I say forming a ball of light in my hands so we could still see where we were paddling. We reached the shore and in all honestly the fog gave the island a very spooky appeal. "Okay did you see that skull how cool is that? It's like this place is haunted or something." Izzy says and a couple seconds later we all hear an eery noise. "Let's just finish this challenge quickly." I say and we all take off running holding our canoes above our heads.

We kept running until we hit a fork in the road. "Which way are we gonna go?" DJ asks and I look and see that the right trail is wider. "Left definitely left." Courtney answers almost immediately. "I don't know I think we should take the one on the right." Geoff says and I nod my head agreeing with him. "The right trail is wider." Bridgette says agreeing with Geoff. "It'll be easier to get our canoes through the right trail." I say as I notice Geoff is smiling at Bridgette. "What are you looking at?" Bridgette asks him causing his grin to grow as we begin to walk our canoes down the right trail. As we were walking down the trail Geoff falls down in pain and cried out looking at his leg. "Oh my leg I'm down, I'm down. Oh it's so unfair why did this have to happen now why, why!" Geoff cries holding his being really dramatic about it. "Geoff." Bridgette says walking up to him. "You've got to go on without me." Geoff cries and I notice Courtney try to walk away and I grabbed her shoulder and I think DJ had the same idea because he grabbed the other shoulder. "We're not leaving any man behind. Not on my watch." DJ  says and I nod. "Yeah besides we all have to make it back to camp to win." I say guiding Courtney back to the group.

"Why don't we just put Geoff on top of one of the canoes and carry him to the beach." I suggest and they all agree with me so we walk to the beach with Geoff on top of the canoes but the other team had a head start. We all gathered sticks and then tried to start the fire. I smirked at Duncan. "Do you happen to have a lighter on you?" I ask and he smirks getting lighter out and used it to start the fire. "Awesome now all we need to do is make it bigger." I say and formed a ball of light in my hands and used it to blast light onto the fire making it bigger. "We just need more sticks." I say keeping control of the fire. We all gathered sticks even Geoff helped out even though he was injured. "Hey Bridgette you have first aid training maybe you could take a look at Geoff's leg." I say to her. "He might have gangrene." DJ said "or jungle rot." "Or athletes foot." making a horrified face and I shutter in disgust as Bridgette walks over to him and me and DJ wink at each other.

//Okay DJ asked me to help out with trying to get Bridgette and Geoff together. I thought they'd make a cute couple so I agreed to help out where I could.//

 "I don't think this is going to be big enough." Courtney says and I nod. "I agree. But in order for me to make the fire bigger and not make lose control the fire needs more wood." I explain to them. "You heard the women we need more wood guys come on lets go." DJ says and they all begin to walk off and seconds later Harold throws all our paddles into the fire making us all gasp. "How are we supposed get home now?" Bridgette asks angrily and I agreed with her. "Not a smart idea Harold." I say to him and then heard a giant explosion come from beside us. I look over and see a massive fire coming from the Gophers. There's no way I could compete with that. "We have our fire-building winner point for the Gophers!" Chris exclaims from the helicopter. I release my power and let the fire dim to regular size and we all walk back to our canoes though it's useless because we have no paddles. "How are we going to get back with no paddles?" I ask and did not expect a response. "You guys could get someone to swim behind the boats and push them. I did that once for this huge like 60-foot yacht the whole crew had to flutter kick for like eight days to get to shore and like four of us got eaten by sharks. I didn't not me yeah but it was really insane okay later." Izzy answered making us all look at her like she was crazy. 

"That idea is so crazy it just might work." I say to the team smiling. "We need someone big enough to push all the canoes back. DJ you're the only one who's strong enough." Bridgette said and I agreed. "You can't ask him to do that the dude can't swim." Geoff protested and even if that was true I really wanted my team to win the challenge. "Geoff I know you're friends but DJ's the only chance we have to win this challenge." I say to him and everyone agreed. "Luna's right those skinny arms aren't going to cut it." Courtney said grabbing one of Harold's arms to prove a her point. "I'll do it." Geoff says pointing at himself and Bridgette gasped. "You can't swim with that kind of injury you're horribly disfigured." Bridgette said sounding like she was really worried for him. "I can do this. I have to." DJ said and Geoff looked emotional. "That is one brave man." He said as we quickly put our plan into action. As DJ paddled across the water we all chanted his name encouraging him to kick as hard as he could to get us to shore. DJ swam to fast that the canoes went soaring into the air making us all crash on the beach surprisingly uninjured. "The Bass are the winners." Chris said making us all cheer happily as the other team reached the shore.

As the Gophers groaned and went back to their cabin I walked up to DJ. "DJ I'm so proud of you for facing your fear. You helped us win the challenge so thank you." I say to him before walking off for a much needed shower. When I came back into the cabin dressed in my PJ's I heard a crash and saw that the gift the Geoff made Bridgette crashed onto the floor and broke. "Have any glue?" Bridgette asked us and Courtney scoffed. "I wouldn't waste my time trying to fix that." Courtney said walking out of the cabin. "Maybe I would." Bridgette said picking up the broken peices and I went into my backpack and pulled out some glue. "Here." I say handing it to her and helped her fix the gift.