Chapter 11: Brother Mine

After her shift, Astrid stepped took a cab back to baker street. She arrived and stepped out of the cab . She went to enter the flat when her phone started buzzing in her pocket, she reached into her pocket and looked at the screen of her phone. The caller read 'no caller ID' causing Astrid to frowns. She hesitantly answered and put the phone to here ear.

"Hello?" She said slowly.

"What are you doing with Sherlock Holmes?" The voice was low and demanding, but it was posh and Astrid knew who it was straight away; The Iceman.

"Who is this?" She asked anyway.

"What is your connection to Sherlock Holmes?" the voice asked, more demanding.

"Who's asking?"

"A friend" he said flatly

"He's just my new flatmate." Astrid leant against the wall next to the door, "I would tell you he was a friend, but I think you understand my restraint."

"Indeed."

"Who are you?"

"Mycroft, Holmes." the iceman replied as she went up the stairs and found Sherlock at the kitchen. She took the phone from her. Sherlock momentarily frowned, sensing her presence.

"It's Mycroft." Astrid said off his frown and Sherlock rolled his eyes and took the phone from her hands.

"For Gods sakes Mycroft." He sighed into Astrid's phone.

"Ah, hello brother mine." Mycroft replied to his younger brother.

"So you won't step out of your dentist appointment to talk to me or John, but you will to interrogate my new flatmate."

"Just being cautious Sherly."

"Oh please," Sherlock rolled his eyes again, "if I'd known there was something wrong with her then I would have known by know. She's not at all dangerous, no threat. She works in pubs for crying out loud, well, judging by her general smell of beer and cigarette smoke, not from her mouth, from her clothes of course. So, brother mine, do mind your own business."

Sherlock angrily hung up and gave a gobsmacked Astrid her phone back.

"That was, wow." She raised her eyebrows as Sherlock actually looked at her, "I haven't noticed you look at me for a single miller-second, and all of a sudden you know half of my life story."

"Oh that was nothing." He said dully and went back to work.