Chapter 31: Very Fascinating Indeed

The man led the two down into the area that was the prison, which was a lot more modern than Astrid had anticipated. The two found themselves looking around, taking in the place which also included Astrid having to whisper where the name 'Wingham' came from. They walked down a corridor, there was another darkened hall that went ahead where they were to turn left.

"Smell all that insane criminality," He said to Astrid as he carried on walking to be stopped by the arm of the guard standing there. He smiled and tilted his head. "Do you have cannibals here?"

"Yes." The Governor said.

"How many?"

"Three."

"That's good," he nodded his head, "people leave their bodies to science, I think cannibals would be so much more grateful"

He whistled down the tunnel to smirk when a clanging noise came back, he sighed and smiled and then carried on round the corner followed by the other bodyguard. Astrid smirked up at the tall bodyguard who stopped Jim earlier and clicked her fingers and pointed at him mockingly.

"Good reflexes." She winked and looked up at Seb who had stayed with her and shook her head as if she was disappointed, "ya should be taking notes, Seb."

Seb shook his head and chuckled, fully aware that she was taking advantage of the fact that in this situation she was in charge. She shook her head again in disappointment and then skipped down some steps to catch up with Jim. They entered a glass office together where a tall man was stood facing away, Astrid was certain she knew who it was.

"Iceman?" She whispered into Jim's ear and after he nodded she smirked as the tall man turned around.

"Mr Moriarty." He greeted and looked at Astrid confused.

"Good morning, your majesty" she curtsied playfully, "it's wonderful to finally meet you."

He looked at her curiously as he sat down. Astrid walked up to where Jim had spotted a little version of the nativity.

"Isn't that sweet." He smiled at her then looked at the man behind the desk.

"Maybe you should sit down," he suggested, which Jim ignored and carried on.

"I wrote my own version of the nativity when I was a child; the hungry donkey," he picked up one of the pieces and smiled, "it was a bit gory, but, if your going to put a baby in a manger then your asking for trouble."

"You know what this place is, of course." He said as Jim threw the tiny wooden character back down.

"Of course." He confirmed, "so am I under arrest again?"

"You remain a person of interested, although, until you commit a verifiable crime, you are, I regret, at liberty."

"Then why am I here?"

"Your a Christmas present." He said blandly.

"Ah, how do you want me?" He opened up his arms before walking around Mycroft to the window, Astrid walking around on the opposite side of this desk.

"There is in this facility, a prisoner whose intellectual ability is of occasional use to the British government." He spun his chair so that he was facing Jim.

"What for like really difficult sums, long division, that sort of thing." He said off the Iceman's attempt to be inconspicuous.

"She predicted the exact dates of the last three terrorise attacks on the British mainland after an hour and Twitter," he informed, as Jim nodded, relatively impressed, "that sort of thing. In return however she requires, treats. Last year it was a violin-"

"This year?" He cut him off, not interested in anything else.

"Five minutes unsupervised conversation, with you."

"Me." Moriarty smiled, as if some sort of evil plan had popped into his head, "with me?"

"She has noted your interest in the activities of my little brother." he finally said, as Jim walked around the desk.

"So, what's she got to do with Sherlock Holmes?" he leaned forwards on the desk and sat down, "whatever you're about to tell me, I already know It's gonna be awesome!"

He rested his head on his left hand like a child as Astrid came up behind him smirking and leant on the back of his chair. Mycroft looked at the two of them who seemed to be prying answers out of his mouth and sighed in defeat.

"Her name is Eurus." he sighed and Jim gave him a look to get him to continue, "Eurus Holmes."

Jim's face slowly lit up into a bright smile, Jim sat back in the chair and spun it round to face Astrid.

"Well, darling?" he smiled as she walked up to the desk, "what say you?"

"Well, darling..." she smirked as Jim stood up, "I find that very fascinating indeed."

"Does Sherlock know that he has a sister?" Jim asked turning back to Mycroft, who just stared, completely frozen. Jim took it as a 'no' and sighed, "ah, even better. So, when do I get to meet her."

"Now."

"Goody." He turned and left. Astrid went to join him until Mycroft stood up.

"Not you Miss Holton." He said to Astrid, "she only asked for Mr Moriarty, not anyone else."

"No, she-" Jim began protectively before Astrid cut him off by placing a finger on his lips and facing him.

"Don't worry about me." She smiled and looked into his eyes, she tilted her head, "this will give me a perfect opportunity to get to know Mr Holmes."

She continued to grin and Jim twisted his head in consideration. Astrid widened her eyes and nodded her head.

"Trust me, it's only five minutes." She whispered and Jim nodded, Astrid smiled and pecked him on the lips, "thank you."

She turned back and faced Mycroft who looked very much like he didn't want to be there, she quickly turned back to Jim who was still stood there, he looked at her and frowned.

"You sure?" He said and looked at her she nodded and he looked over her shoulder at a very frustrated Mycroft Holmes.

"Never been more sure in my life-"

He cut her off by kissing her again, but for longer. He wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her in a little but, before braking apart. Jim looked back over Astrid's shoulder and noticed that Mycroft seemed to look even more uncomfortable. He winked at Astrid and walked out the room.