Chapter 24: Hot and Flustered

There was a pause, only for a few seconds, but it seemed like hours. Hours of the two greatest minds in the world just staring into each others eyes like they were still communicating. Still talking about the great game through their minds. Until something happened, something that neither parties expected.

The intro to the Beeges' song 'staying alive' rang out through the pool. Sherlock looked around in confusion and John frowned along with Astrid. Moriarty continued to stare into space, until he realised what the noise was and rolled his eyes.

"Ugh." he sighed and Sherlock knitted his brows together, "do you mind if I get that."

"No, no, please. You've got the rest of your life." Sherlock replied nonchalantly, as Jim took his phone from his pocket and looked at the screen, he rolls his eyes once more and answers it.

"Hello?" He frowned, "...yes of course it is, what do you want?"

He mouthed a quick 'sorry' to Sherlock who sarcastically mouthed back an 'oh, fine'. He turned around and Astrid frowned at him. He mouthed the word 'Adler' and before she could think of who Adler was, Moriarty screamed down the phone.

"SAY THAT AGAIN!" he yelled and took a breath before continuing, "say that again, and know that if you're lying to me, I will find you, and I will sssskin you... wait!"

He put down the phone and walked up to the pile of bombs on the floor. He looked down at them thoughtfully before looking back up at Sherlock. Astrid stayed at the corner of the pool, still alert.

"Sorry, wrong day to die." The consulting criminal said

"Oh, did you get a better offer?"

Jim looked down at the phone and then strolled back to Astrid, turning back to face his nemesis.

"You'll be hearing from us, Sherlock." He took Astrid's hand in his right hand and put his left hand back to his ear. Astrid briefly glanced back at Sherlock as they left and waved cheerfully before leaving. Jim called off the snipers, leaving the two men at the poolside extremely confused.

They both got in the car that Seb had waiting for them outside the pool, Jim still on the phone. Whilst he did this Astrid fired a quick text to Max letting him know that she was quitting for the final time. She closed her phone just as Jim hung up.

"Eventful." He smirked

"Where are we going?"

"Home." he stated and Astrid smiled and looked out the window.

"One more thing," she said, not looking back at him. There was a small pause as Astrid tried to think of what to say. "Fuck it- you kissed me."

She looked at him finally to see him looking back into her eyes. There was a small cough from the front of the car and Astrid turned her head to look in the rear-view-mirror to see Sebastian stifling a laugh. Jim rolled his eyes.

"Do you have something to say, Moran?"

"Yes, blondie, do share with us." Astrid seconded.

Seb just shook his head and looked in the mirror at the two in the back both looking at him with eager eyes.

"It's nothing."

"Better be." Jim snarled and looked back at Astrid who was smiling with raised eyebrows at Seb. She slowly leant back and twisted her head to look back at Jim.

"Well?"

Before he could reply, the car stopped and Seb announced that they had arrived. Jim smirked and got out of the car Astrid doing the same. She walked around to join Jim who, for some reason, couldn't take his eyes off her.

"I kissed you because I wanted to." he said.

"Well," Astrid folded her arms and smirked, "ain't that a stain on your reputation?"

"Yeah probably." He walked into the house, Astrid a few metres behind him. She saw him head up the stairs and followed. Jim got to the top step to hear Astrid call his name. He turned around and raised his eyebrows. She stopped on the step below and looked into his eyes, "what?"

Astrid bit her lip and stood up on the same step as him and pressed her lips to his. She broke away and attempted to walk away from Jim who in one large stride, grabbed her arms spun her round and pressed her into the wall next to where she was heading.

Without even a word spoken, he re-connected their lips into a heated kiss. His hands found their way to Astrid's hips and her hands found their way to the back of Jim's head. Both pulling themselves closer to each other. After a good minute, Jim stood back and took in the sight in front of him.

"What's got you all hot and flustered?" she smiled as he grabbed her arm and pulled her from the wall. They somehow made their way into the bedroom next to them. They both kicked off their shoes and threw their jackets to the floor. Astrid freed Jim of his expensive tie as they made their way to the end of the bed.

Moriarty's hands found their way to her hair and her lips to his mouth. He went to push Astrid down onto the bed, however he stopped himself and broke apart from Astrid.

"Really?"

"Just one more thing?" he smirked at Astrid's annoyance.

"What?" she rolled her eyes continuing to slowly play with the buttons on Jim's shirt.

"I was just wondering, are you going to tell me what you're real name is?"

Astrid replied by reconnecting their lips.

"I'll take that as a no, then." Jim smirked against her lips as his thumbs tugged gently on the belt hoops of her jeans.

"You can take it how you like." she smirked as Jim just shook his head and smirked. He considered taking it further but was distracted- for the first time ever- by Astrid continuing to unbutton his shirt. He ignored his question and pushed them both onto the bead to give them what they both really wanted.

(A/N God this chapter is so much better after being edited.)