Chapter 12: Good Money

There was three hours to go when Sherlock completed the first stage of Moriarty's plan. It turned out that the boy that James had told Astrid he'd killed was the main focus of the first part of the game. He had mixed a poison in the young boys cream for his eczema which had caused the boy to be paralysed when he was in a swimming competition and drown. The police brought the victim into the police station and later on, as the newly made flatmates huddled in the detectives office, they were informed that two masked men had forced her to drive to a place and had decked her out with bombs.

"What's the point though?" Astrid asked the room, "why would anyone do this?"

"Yeah?" The doctor agreed.

"Oh, I can't be the only one that gets bored." He said dramatically as he stared into space. The pink phone beeped on as a voice alert popped up, followed by four beeps.

"Four pips." John stated obviously.

"First test passed it would seem, here's the next." He showed us a picture on his phone of a car with the door open, "Abandoned?"

"I'll see if it's been reported." Lestrade picked up his ringing phone as a small curly haired lady burst into the room.

"Freak, it's for you." She said and held up a phone that Sherlock took.

"Bit rude." I said quietly to myself.

"I wouldn't stress about it." the doctor said as he sat in a chair, as Sherlock left the room.

"Who will it be?" She asked the doctor who frowned in confusion, "over the phone, will it be to do with the car?"

"Probably," He replied as the DI was still talking over his office phone. "So, what did you do in Manchester"

" I just worked in a pub, I guess I could have done more but I don't really have many ambitions."

He nodded and slowly faced away, the two sat in silence for a few seconds when Lestrade put down the phone and looked at the two.

"Got it" He said and headed out of the office followed by the doctor and the spy.

"I should probably leave this to you guys," Astrid said, not wanting to make it seem as though she was spying on the two.

After a few failed attempts by John to go with them, she ended up going back to her house. Not 221b, but the house she had shared with Ana, the old maid. She didn't still live with the old family friend, but when she had moved from her flat to stay with Jim, she hadn't told Ana. She had said that she was moving and wasn't sure when she would be back, but Astrid decided that she would visit her old maid.

She arrived outside the familiar house. It wasn't big, but it was bigger than 222b. She got out and walked up to the house. She smiled sadly at the memories flashing through her head.

"Is that it?"

"Do you not like it?" Her maid had said kindly to her, "we're supposed to lay low, I'm sorry, you'll have to get used to it'

"How am I supposed to get used to this?" A younger Astrid Wingham had said. "I have literally just discovered that I've got a psychotic evil dad who is trying to find me to use me in his great plans for the future, I have a new name, new identity, my mum is dead and I'm holding a formula for the most dangerous magic potion in the fricking world."

Her maid had just raised an eyebrow and walked up the thin path.

"Please don't make live in a bungalow."

"There are people living much rougher than this, beside, give it 4 years, maybe 5. You'll be out making your own money."

She was making her own money, just 

not in the way that her old friend would have expected. As she walked up the families thin path, she began to feel sick, however, before she could even think of turning back, the dear brown haired old lady that she had grown up with answering her beg and call, rushed out of the small burrow and engulfed Astrid in a hug.

"Oh my goodness, Astrid!" she had said, not bothering to use her fake name, "It's been moths, where have you been?"

"That's not my name, Ana." Astrid whispered and the woman rolled her eyes.

"Where the hell have you been?" The maid said, scolding Astrid like a little girl.

"I texted you, I got a new job." She reasoned.

"That was two moths ago." She screeched as she practically dragged the thirty- year old into the house.