Really sad devil guy • part I (5x01)

Hiiii, short note from me: English is not my mother tongue and you might find some grammar or spelling mistakes while reading. I'm sorry for it, but I hope you can and will enjoy it anyways. I certainly did my best. Have fun reading :)))
btw s5 part a is already out for quite some time now and HOLY SHIT WAS IT GOOD!! maybe I'll continue this fanfic soon idk :)

Lucifer's POV
I've been sitting on my throne for weeks now, and it slowly gets boring again.

All I see is an endless amount of cells beneath me, although they are more than 400 meters away from me.

I saw how people arrived from earth and how they got their cell. It's not like I didn't know how this works down here, but even though I haven't been around the past years, everything seems so different, so not me anymore.

I only flew down twice since I've been back. One time it was when Dromos and Squee wanted to apologize to me for possessing human bodies and building a demon army on earth. I'm certain that if the same circumstances would happen again, they wouldn't hesitate and abandon their old king and use an innocent child to make it their new king all over again.

That's why I wanted to send a message to all the other demons, that if they'd do something like that, they would suffer the same torture as guilty humans. Of course not forever, but for so long until they truly regret doing it and swearing that they won't do it ever again. Dromos and Squee will have some time to rethink what they have done and hopefully become a better version of themselves.

The second time I went down was because one of the doors to the cells was shaking.

Usually those doors are completely closed and can't be moved. But it was different that time. I didn't really know what was going on, so I went down to check myself.

As I opened the door and went into the worst memory of this human, it was not like I had imagined.
It was a church.
Lights were shining and voices were singing a song with some high vocals.
I walked towards the first bench in the rows and I already saw who was sitting there. "Father Kinley?" I said with an astonished voice.

"What are you doing here? Why are you trying to escape?".

He turned towards me and I remembered what he'd done to me. Or what he wanted to do...

"Lucifer, you are just the one I wanted to see. And I didn't want to escape, I was trying to get your attention, I guess it worked" he smirked and continued. "Look, I am and I have always been certain that the devil, angels, god, hell and heaven actually exist. And when I met Chloe in Rome, in this church by the way, everything finally made sense. This church was the location where all my work turned out true and I wasn't wrong after all. As you know I can trick myself into situations I want to have. So I chose to suffer in this church, well not suffering really, the demons thank me for bringing you back. That's why they don't torture me or even lay hands on me. Maybe you already know that I was the one who told Dromos to take over my body and set an end to you walking on earth.".

I sought and said silently "of course you were" and then with a normal voice "do you still believe that the prophecy is true?". He answered me after being quiet for some time saying "actually.. i don't. You see I had plenty of time to think about it and i came to realize that it wasn't you who was causing the prophecy fulfillment . It wouldn't have even come to demons running on earth if I hadn't sent them to do so. But I still think that you are not all good and still the same evil devil from the beginning of time."

"Well, yes of course I am!" I laughed and said "But what you did cannot be forgiven and that's why I will leave you with your thoughts alone." I walked out the door where I came from and went back to my throne.

After I sat down I immediately had to think about what Kinley just said. Of course he was the one sending the demons to earth, and that also means that this was not the "evil being released".

The true evil was my devil self returning.

But I couldn't understand the first part of the prophecy. "When the devil walks the earth and finds his first love..." I don't think that I fell in love with Chloe after everything with Eve. It can't be.

I already loved her when she was with Pierce, when we were "friends" as she said. That's when I fell in love with her. The priest and the whole prophecy, me returning to my devil self must have been another part of my dads games. It always is.

God's POV (yes you are going to read gods POV lol)
'Oh Lucifer! You always think the worst of me, don't you? I didn't feel like telling him already but I think that I probably should. Anyways, I want to explain it to you. Since Lucifer had to rule hell, he always felt this hatred towards me. If he'd only know that I didn't do anything to control him. When he left to take a "vacation" on earth I knew this was not going to end well.

And the coincidence of Chloe being born because Amenadiel blessed her parents with a baby and Chloe turning out as a miracle, was not meaningless. I watched him ever since his first drive on earth. I saw him meeting the detective, Daniel, Ella, Charlotte, Cain and finally Eve.

It was clear to me that since the first time he laid eyes on Chloe, something changed.

He made him vulnerable and they both were able to let their guards down when they were together. It has never happened before, because someone like Chloe never existed before. But we will get to that later.

First I want to explain the thing with the prophecy.

So.. it was all father Kinley's theory and I had no influence on that. He made Chloe believe that she has to send Lucifer back to hell, because that's where he "belongs".

Fortunately she discovered the truth soon after and felt incredibly sorry for trying to do that.

Lucifer, of course, lost his faith in her for some time and spent lots of time with Eve trying to be his true self. Soon after he realized that what he is- or who he is with Eve is not the guy he wants to be, he came to the conclusion that the only human who made him who he is and who he wants to be, was- and is Chloe Decker.

With realizing that he had no choice but to "test" her.

His devil side was completely covering his human body and Chloe had to stand by his side. And so did she. He saw that what she gives him is more that just a friendship, more than simple partnership.

They were in love.

Lucifer's POV
I don't know what day or what week it was.

Everything that was going through my mind were concerns about what Chloe must be like at this moment.
Was she already recovering? Was she as broken as I was?

Thinking of her and that I wasn't there with her made me incredibly sad and I knew that I made a mistake by returning to hell.

But I can't leave, not without finding someone to take over my throne...