BluBallz (5x06)

Chloes POV
Soon after I released myself and looked Lucifer in the eyes. I regretted doing it the moment I saw his beautiful dark brown eyes staring down at me with his best puppy face on, because I knew that he didn't want the hug to end.
But I had to convince myself that this was the right decision. Nobody should know about what happened the week in Lucifers penthouse and the night where he left. It was too complicated and back then I didn't want to explain our whole story to anyone.
We were supposed to be partners and that's all. Work partners, nothing more. I shook my head to end this moment between us and told him "Lucifer, please don't give me that look. You know what I said and I don't want everyone to see what's going on here. Or what's not going on." He smirked at me, apparently it was funny seeing me flustered and not getting a normal sentence out of my mouth. It was ridiculous, I know.
He answered "Right. Of course not. But please do me a favour and don't start wearing one of Ms. Lopez's t-shirts, detective." "What?- Why would I wear- oh right. Funny" I turned around and saw Ella standing in her lab talking to Dan and she was wearing a black shirt with the words "BluBallz" on it. At least that's all we could read from where we were standing, because there was something small written above it as well. That expression immediately took me back to the moment where I once gave Lucifer blue balls in the beginning of our relationship and of course he was referring to that.

Lucifers POV
I can't believe it, Chloe did it again. Every time we get a bit closer she freaks out and pushes me away. Well, but I couldn't do anything against it in that moment so I decided to check up on Dr Linda.
As I walked into her office and kicked out her current patient I told her something very strange has happened. Of course she told me that I had to stop making her patients leave but then she finally started analysing my problem.
I told her what happened between me and Chloe and the only thing she answered was "Do you have an idea why she reacted that way? Why she chose to make that decision?" What a ridiculous question "Yes sure! She doesn't want anyone to know about us." "And why would she think that it would be a bad idea when everyone knows about you? Maybe that isn't the problem, Lucifer. Maybe she's not sure what you are and when she said she needed time, what makes you so certain that its not the truth? You see, Chloe is a person who needs her reasons and explanations for things. She was faced a choice and maybe she's not ready to choose yet." "Doctor, you are a genius! Why haven't I thought of that earlier? I need to help the detective to get her reasons why she would choose me!" I stood up, walked towards the door, turning around for a second saying "thank you, I knew you would be able to help me" I shut the door and while I was walking to my car I thought about what I was going to do. And then it hit me. I knew exactly what I had to do.
I drove as fast as possible to the precinct, grabbed Chloe and told the others that we need to talk to a witness again. Of course that wasn't 100 percent true and all I wanted was to get her out of there, but it wasn't a lie. We really had to talk to the witness again, it was just not me doing it. Anyways, Chloe was confused, that I was in such a hurry and I think she understood pretty soon, that the witness wasn't the reason for me dragging her out of the precinct. "Lucifer! What the hell are you doing?" "Just- just trust me, ok detective?" "You can't do with me whatever you want, so please let go of me!" Her anger was constantly increasing so I stopped and tuned towards her. "Detective, I realised something and I want to show it to you. Please, you need to trust me on this one." I felt that she didn't want to, but she finally relaxed and let me lead her. We took my car and for my plan I needed her to be concentrated on her feelings and not what she saw, so I put a blindfold around her head, completely covering her eyes so she wasn't able to see anything.
Of course she questioned my actions but I convinced her to let me do what I wanted to show her.
We drove about 10 minutes until we arrived at a parking lot.
I stepped out of the engine and walked over to help Chloe to get out of it as well. She put her arm on mine so I could lead her. We walked for a bit and after I stopped and told her we arrived she wanted to remove the blindfold but luckily I stopped her from doing it, because there was something that I needed to say first.
I was now standing in front of her and I took her hands into mine, trying to calm her down from being so nervous about the situation. I started with saying "When you told me you needed time to make a decision for yourself I first thought that it meant something completely different but luckily the doctor helped me to figure it out. You see, sometimes it might seem like we were being forced to do something. Even if everything tells us that its not the thing we actually want to do. People have a great impact on us and if you should ever be confronted with that feeling again, I want you to know that you, and only you should decide. Because nobody can tell you what you have to do and what you shouldn't do." When those words left my mouth I realised how true they were and how much I related to that, but it wasn't about me. I took off the blindfold and when she opened her eyes and saw that we were at a beach, the water right in front of her, she smiled and I saw how her tension faded. I continued "Chloe, if you should make a decision about us and how you want to handle it, I want you decide it considering what's best for you. Not for me, not for Trixie, not Dan or Ella, just you. Because it will change your life. Maybe it will change someone else's too, but that shouldn't affect your decision in the first place. You need to know that all I want, and I think I can speak for everyone else too, is that you are happy. Even if it means that you just want to be partners.— and...maybe you are wondering why I chose to take you to this place. Well, its a location where you can feel free. The endless ocean in front of you, seeing no end and the calming sound of the moving water. You choose, Chloe. And nobody else."
Tears started to fill her eyes and I wanted to apologise but she interrupted me saying "Lucifer, that was beautiful. You've put so much effort into this and now I understand why you wanted to show me this. But its not only me you were talking about, rigth? I know you feel like your dad is doing all of this. Like you can do anything but he will do what he wants anyhow. And for me, I will choose the option which I think will be best, but I can't do it right away. I need time and I think its best if we stay work partners as long as all of this gets a bit clearer for me. Maybe a break won't be that bad." She released her hands from mine and gave me a loving smile while while she slowly left and walked towards the car.