Oh my god! (Part II)

3 days later

Lucifers POV
I spent the last few days with my dad in Los Angeles. He seemed like he has changed, but I couldn't forget what he put me through. And I was so thankful that Chloe was staying by my side and that she was helping me to figure everything out.

I really dont know what I would've done without her.

Anyhow, we spent our time figuring out how we can keep Charlie safe and show dad that he was not a threat. I think he started believing us and I told him that he should go back to the silver city and tell the others about our not-so-dangerous-babyboy. That conversation happened in the penthouse and I was there alone with dad after Chloe left for work again and I hadn't seen her in 2 days. I decided that I wanted to take her out once all of this was over.
I started looking for a nice restaurant after my father was gone and made a reservation at a five star restaurant with a fountain park outside. It looked beautiful on the photos and I was hoping that she would like it as well. I closed the website, put my phone away and started walking over to the bar to pour myself a drink.
As I reached the bar table, the elevator rang and the doors opened. I assumed that it must've been my dad again so I started saying "Quick trip huh?", but I stopped in the middle of the sentence, because I  realised that it wasnt my dad walking out of the elevator. It was Chloe. "Chloe what the hell happened?!" I ran towards her and kept her from falling onto the floor, because the minute she saw me she smiled, but lost conscience a second after. She was covered in blood, her white shirt was now red and a giant cut appeared when I tried pulling her shirt up, so she would no longer be covered in blood. I gasped and realised that she was really hurt and that I needed to take care of her. I saw her face filled with pain and fear and dry tears which had been running down her cheeks. I felt the same pain and fear in my body as I did when Pierce shot her. When I didn't know whether she was dead or not. My body was shaking and I couldn't order my thoughts, but the only thing I knew for sure was that I needed to take her to the hospital as soon as possible.

2 days earlier

Chloes POV
I couldn't believe I met Lucifers dad, god. The actual god.
To be honest I thought he was different. I mean if I didn't know that he was god, I probably would have thought he was a normal guy. Theres nothing special about him on the outside. And I think that's the first thing I learned. We should not judge people from their looks. And he was the best example for that. Nobody would know that he has this special personality, these unique qualities and his whole character. The beauty and inspiration comes from inside and just because some people look "ordinary" doesn't mean they aren't  "extraordinary" on the inside.
Anyhow, I had some time to talk to him while Lucifer was clearing his mind on the balcony and I started asking him about his family and how Lucifer ended up in hell. He definitely told me another story than Lucifer always does. His sounded like normal family drama and I felt like they were just like any other family with the "small" difference that they are angels and have wings and superpowers.
I also asked him, why I was the only person on whom Lucifers power don't work. He tried avoiding an answer and for some reason it hurt him talking about, which made me even more curious to find out, what he wasn't telling me. "I look forward to telling you the whole story and explanation when Lucifer is also with us."
Thats all he said and I decided that I wouldn't dig deeper into that topic, I mean he said that he was telling me soon anyways.
After that I got a call from Trixie, who was worried that I wasn't home already, so I drove to my apartment after saying goodbye to Lucifer and his dad.
On my way home I thought about everything that has happened that evening. A few hours ago I thought this was just going to be a regular day and a nice date with Lucifer. Funny how things turn out sometimes, isn't it?
The next day I went back to work, where I found Ella sitting on my desk with a feather in her hand. She was staring at it and without her eyes leaving the object she said "Chloe, look at this.  I found it yesterday after you all left and I really don't know what it is. The tests I did were without  any success and I have no idea what this thing is." To me it looked exactly like one of Lucifers white feathers, but why would that be laying around in the precinct? And besides, I couldn't tell Ella that Lucifer is the devil and he might or might have not lost a feather during his hard work at the precinct.
"Are you sure? Maybe its just too old or someones playing a joke on you?" Yeah, that really was the best thing I was able to say in that moment. Ella finally looked at me and answered "yeah, yeah, you're probably right. I mean what else would this be? An angels feather? HA!" Okay, good. She believed that it was a joke and I was relieved that we didn't have to talk about celestials. Especially without Lucifer by my side to explain it all. Ella left the feather on my desk and vanished into her lab.

2 days later

I needed to see him again, I've been so caught up in work these past days that I started realising how much I like having him around me. His comments, his funny suggestions on how to catch a suspect and most of all his love, his kindness which he only shows rarely and his warmth around me.
So I decided to drive to the penthouse, ready to "let hell freeze over", but before I got there, someone appeared on the street right in front of me. I pulled the steering wheel and lost control over the vehicle. I crashed right into a street lamp, which broke down onto the street. I woke up after being unconscious for a few seconds with blood all over me.
I looked down onto my legs and then my eyes started to see blurred so I looked up again, seeing that I was right in front of Lux. The only one on my mind in that moment was Lucifer, so I climbed out of the car, pressing  my hand on the wound which was aching on my belly.
The pain slowly faded, but I lost control over my hand so it kept touching the bleeding spot on my torsos. I limped towards the elevator and stepped into it. My only goal was not to pass out again, not before I see him. The doors opened and Lucifer was standing next to the bar. The moment I saw him, relief spread through my body and I smiled, cause I knew that I was safe again. My eyes slowly closed and my body crashed down...