It never ends well for the chicken (5x04)

Chloe's POV:
I couldn't believe it! My first thought was that I'd run into his arms, hugging him so much that he would need to free himself, but I wouldn't let that happen because I'd hold on to him as much as I could.

But I didn't.

All I did was stand right next to Ella, who's hand I've already grabbed and held tightly, and then I just looked at him.
With my eyes wide open I was staring at him, while he was stepping out of the helicopter, wearing something dirty.
I couldn't really figure out why he wasn't wearing one of his fancy suits, because instead of that, he was wearing a white jumpsuit with black stains on it. I figured that the helicopter guys must have given it to him and that he wasn't wearing it for fun. I had to chuckle while that thought crossed my mind but I immediately stopped as he came closer.
Ella slowly went back, even though this moment got a bit awkward as she was doing that. But seriously, that didn't really matter.
I closed my eyes, opened them again just to prove to myself that this was real and not just an imagination of mine. Turned out it was real.

He was standing infront of me.

With a gentle smile and tears in his eyes he said "please don't tell me that you've already replaced me". I exhaled, chuckled and answered "never, Lucifer. Never." The moment I finished saying it, I realized how much I've missed him. I started crying because all of it was so overwhelming, all the emotions were streaming through my body, my heart skipped a few beats, and then, in the most beautiful moment possible he kissed me.
This time no phone call interrupted, no stewardess showed up, it was just him and I. I forgot everything around me. It felt like in one of the cheesy romantic movies, but it was all real.

Lucifer's POV:
All I could think about in that moment was Chloe. Holding her close and hugging her tightly. Nothing else mattered more to me in that moment, and that's got to mean something because the devil normally doesn't get attached to humans.

Except her.

I couldn't believe that I made it. I escaped that haunted place people call hell and all I need to do is a favor for Lilith. At least that was all I thought I had to do. But we'll get to that later.
Chloe was the only thing that mattered to me in that moment. And after we left the boring crime scene we went to my penthouse, not talking much, because we were concentrated on other things. I have to admit. Every second, every minute and every hour we spent together felt incredible. Everything that happened felt to good to be true. And it was giving me the biggest rush I had ever felt in my entire life. In all those thousands of years, nobody was able to make me feel the way Chloe has.

*one week later*

All this happened in that one week:
Chloe and Lucifer were having an amazing time together, first they had no time to talk and catch up, but then the topic of him returning came up. Chloe wondered how all of it was possible and how he could have just left hell. Lucifer wasn't sure if he should tell her because she always gets so worried about him, but he did it anyhow.
So did he with Linda and Amenadiel. Amenadiel knew that he didn't want to abandon his brother so he needed to find a way to clean up Lucifer's mess. Classic move as always.
And Linda who didn't know what was going on with Lucifer this whole time either, and who just thought Lucifer didn't need her anymore also got her answers. Furthermore Lucifer got back into therapy. Maze also got informed of Lucifer's return, they fought. Bad. But then she realized that Lucifer is not worth  fighting for, so she just told him about the wrong decision he had made and left.

Lucifer's POV
Because of Trixie I was staying at Chloe's apartment for some time now and the little urchin and I had some time to annoy Chloe while she was doing police work and I'd say everything was getting back to normal. At least for some time. One day I got a call from Ella. She told me that her bathtub chicken escaped and after I had a good laugh I told her she needn't worry and that Margret was probably just somewhere in the apartment. To be exact, I first told her that "it never ends well for the chicken", but then I realized that Ella was really worried about that animal, so I told her that I'd come over and that we can look for her together.
Two hours later we found the chicken sitting under her couch eating seeds that were laying there. I didn't know how much Ella was affected by her chickens disappearance before she'd finally held her in her arms again. That moment I remembered what a beautiful soul she had. That even a small creature like a chicken would make her so happy.

*meanwhile in heaven*

Gods POV
Back to were I was going to explain the world to you. I hope you haven't already made your mind up about what heaven and hell are about because I'm sure reality will surprise you.
You see, every system has its own rules, its own way how everything works. And so does the universe. And I need you to open up to everything impossible. As hard as it seems, once you believe in the impossible you'll see that all of it makes sense and has its purpose. In heaven for example, there is a way that everyone will get to live the most beautiful and meaningful moment or dream of their lives. A good example is Charlotte Richards. To be honest I only use her as an example because she was special and something was different with her and distinguished her from all the other humans. She came here, and for the first time I saw a true light in someone. I have never seen someone to be more grateful to be in heaven than her.
And for some reason she chose to live in the world of the 40s. A time where she wasn't even born, but she still chose this as her dream that she wanted to come true. Something about that decade fascinated her. Maybe how people have been dressed back then, maybe because her parents told her something about that time. And then something else happened.
You need to know that every person that enters heaven can choose who is in their "life" up here. Their soul reveals their deepest desire  and chooses how they will continue their happiness. Nothing but their souls is responsible for the decision they are making. In the case of Charlotte one person in particular was playing a major role. The detective she met during her last year on earth. After my wife possessed her body for some months and after she turned her life upside down, Charlotte regained her strength. Her strongest will became being truly good and she made it. Daniel Espinoza played a giant role in her life back then. The moment those two persons met, she was able to leave the life of a lawyer behind and feel happy again. I saw the way Charlotte was living in heaven and how happy she was when she spent time with Dan. I assume that she remembered some memories of them on earth and those memories mattered so much to her that she made up situations of them in a different decade. But with the same dialogues, the same emotions. After all love is the greatest feeling someone can have and being able to feel it gives you an enormous amount of strength.
I hope that one day our family will be able to have such a strong bond again as well. But back then it seemed impossible, so I was just happy to see the happiness in the persons who made it to heaven. The way Charlotte had inspired me was fascinating. Her feelings for Dan were so pure that she even felt them in heaven. But she also met her parents again, she ran into their arms, they were happily reunited and I am truly happy for this woman that she had found love again. She does deserve it.