Our mojo (5x07)

Chloes POV
After Lucifer told me about how I should make my decision I told him that I needed some time to think about what I just did. I really did tell him that we should stay partners until I "figure things out".

How ridiculous!

I didn't have a single thing to figure out. I knew how he made me feel every time we were close.
How his presence sent shivers down my spine and how my heart skipped beats every time his dark brown eyes met mine and locked for a few moments.
He was giving me this overwhelming sensation of good feelings constantly. There had been no moment where I hadn't felt incredible and loved.
One time he even made dinner for the two of us. And it wasn't just dinner. He put candles all over the floor, roses laying in between of them. The scent of pasta was filling the room as I walked in. The lights were dimmed which made the situation even more romantic.
Normally Lucifer is not the guy to do such things and the fact that he did it for me still makes me so happy. That night nobody interrupted, no call from the precinct and no "guest" walking through the elevator. It was just him and I. And it was magical, I had the best time and we enjoyed each others company. That day also was Lucifer's birthday (now that I know its not actually his birthday but well close enough I guess) and I had a present waiting to be opened hidden in my bag.
After we finished eating we went over to the balcony where the stars were shining down onto us. It was a beautiful and warm night, so we decided to sit down next to each other, Lucifer wrapping his arm around me, and then I finally gave him the present.
He opened it and saw a letter laying in it. It was carefully wrapped with a red strap and I decorated the box with feathers coloured in red. He first looked at it but then he asked me what the letter is about and I answered "you'll have to read it to find out and I'd advise you to open it later so you can read it with no interruptions and when you are alone".
He nodded and put the box with the letter carefully next to him on the bench we were sitting on. I knew that he will appreciate it and I hoped that he would also be happy while reading it, but of course I had to wait until he has read it to know if he liked it.
After that we both fell asleep, arm in arm, with blankets covering our bodies, which Lucifer has brought earlier that night. It was one of the most beautiful days in my entire life and I hope that he also feels that way.

Lucifers POV
Chloe left without turning back, so I decided that she must really need that time for her to sort her thoughts and I let her leave on her own. Deep inside I felt how her decision hurt me but I ignored the aching pain in my heart. She was the most important thing in my life and I couldn't nor want to risk loosing her.
The next day we had a new case and went to the crime scene in her car, not talking much, just listening to Dan who was giving us the details about the current murder.
After we had questioned most of the suspects, we have figured out which one of them must be the murderer, so we went to his home, ready to confront him. And when Chloe asked him the usual questions and he hadn't really answered any of them, she gave me this look which made clear that I was supposed to ask him was he truly desires. I felt that she was looking at me but I didn't turn towards her, instead I was fixating my eyes onto the murderers.
Chloe must have thought that I didn't understand what she wanted from me, so she started asking him herself. Her words were exactly like I would have said them "What is it you desired when you killed Susan?" I didn't quite understand why she was doing it, considering that it was normally my thing to do so I figured she was saying it to make clear that I was supposed to say it and not her... but then he answered, giving us a full and very detailed explanation on how he felt the need to end the woman's life. He looked confused and saw me still looking him into the eyes while he answered Chloes question.
How was that possible ? How can Chloe be able to use my power and why haven't we realised this earlier? I mean I know that she is special, but I would have never thought that she would make a team with me...the devil....

Gods POV
The moment has finally arrived. The moment where my son realised what Chloe was able to do. She is the only human being who can use the devils powers herself. She can't do it on her own, but with Lucifer fixating his eyes on the ones from the person he is questioning, makes it possible for Chloe to use his ability to ask people what they truly desire and get a true answer. Lucifer and Chloe have that special connection I was talking about. They share a unique bond that only exists once in the whole universe. And this connection hasn't always existed, they created it together. And also not the moment they met. To form and build it, it took time and work. A few setbacks haven't made it easy. One of them was when Lucifer fled and came back married or one time when Chloe hurt Lucifers feeling while getting closer with Cain. But finally, the months where Eve was on earth and made Lucifer realise who he really is, but more importantly who he wants to be, completed the bond. They fell in love and for the first time, there were no reasons for them why they shouldn't be together. At least not emotionally.
Now that Chloe is insecure about what others might think about their relationship and the time when Lucifer wasn't in LA, they aren't in a "real" relationship, but it doesn't mean that the aren't in love. For Chloe it is going to be a new thing to figure out what it means that she's able to use her partners powers and finding a reason might seem imposible, but I am sure that there will be an explanation for that. Even though its not going to be the real one, they will get used to it. Maybe it's going to be THEIR thing now.

The letter