Chapter 35

I do not own pic!

You left the inn together with Itachi and Kisame and walked toward a nearby restaurant. The place was kinda crowded, but that didn't bother you, especially after your food had arrived.
You enjoyed your meal since you were pretty hungry, the few fruits you had at lunch in the forest weren't really sufficient for you to keep up all day. You can say Itachi was scanning the place constantly, checking everyone who enters as if he was looking for someone.
After dinner the three of you decided to head back directly to your rooms after a long day of walking. Kisame went to his room while you and Itachi entered yours.

Itachi didn't say anything, he just made sure the door is locked before disappearing into the bathroom to take a shower. You laid on the right side of the bed as you thought about what happened, especially with Itachi, to be so kind to you, kiss you, let you know that he knows who you reall are, then admit that he killed the clan...also the feels you have everytime you two are close to each other...what is happening to you...to him?
You laid on your side looking at the mattress hearing the sound of water coming from the bathroom, how did you end up sharing a room and bed with him? Why all this is happening to you now? Your life was so peaceful.. until, you met him.

The door opened and the Uchiha stepped outside, with a towel on his head as his hair was left loose down on his shoulders and back, he was fully dressed up except for the white belt that he didn't put back. He walked to the other side of the bed and sat on the edge of it, drying his hair with the towel.

"Itachi...", he turned around to you, hearing your voice calling him.
"Yes, [name]", he replied, putting the towel down, looking at your face under the dim light of the bedside lamp.
"I wanna talk to you", you said sitting up in bed.
"I hear you", he said, tying his hair to its usual pony tail.
"About what happened to the Uchiha clan-", you started talking before being cut off.
"No [name]", he said, apparently not glad to hear about this.
"No what? Itachi, we both know who I am now, I have the right to know what happened!", you insisted, though knowing this could be a bad idea, especially now.
"You already know what happened, I killed them, slaughtered them", he replied calmly, getting up and taking the towel back to the bathroom, as you waited for him to get back.
"Why? What was the thing that pushed you to do that?!", you asked as he sat back on the edge of the bed, looking at you with his dark orbs.
"Why do you think something pushed me to do that [name]?", he said with a small weird smile on his face.
"There must be something, you are not the kind of man to do that", you said with a low voice.
"[name], you barely know me, how can you tell whether I am a good or a bad person?", he said with a smirk, yet still in a calm voice.
"Because from what I heard, I'd think you would be a monster, but these few times I have spent with you showed me the opposite, you are nice and kind...", he didn't say anything for a while after you said this, just looked at you as his lips formed a straight line.
"You said it [name], you have met me only few times. [Name], I did kill the clan to gain more power, being an Uchiha you must be aware of this", he said coldly.
"Do you think you can hide it?", you said with a frown on your face, surprising with this unexpected reply, though he didn't show any signs of it.
"Hide what exactly [name]?", he replied with a serious voice.
"The pain, loneliness, hurting, despair, suffering...Itachi, your eyes say everything!", you said in a slightly high pitched voice, as he just looked at you with his lips parted slightly.

'she noticed in this short time?'

"[name], there is no point in talking about this, we better sleep", he said as he took his place on the bed, clearly not wanting to talk more about this.
"Itachi don't try to change th-"
"Enough [name], enough...", he cut you off again, sitting in the bed and looking at you, at your eyes...
"Then why did you kiss me, Itachi?", you asked, your grip slightly tightening on the covers.
"I told you that...you shouldn't question that", he said with seriousness.
"How? Just ignore it? Itachi I know why did that", you said looking all over his face, then into his eyes.
"And why?"
"Because you're a beautiful person...", you can see the confusion clear on his face, why are you so sure about it? Why do you keep pushing him...
"[name], it's getting late, try to sleep", he replied briefly, again wanting to put an end to this conversation.

You huffed as he avoided your questions again, he laid next you on his side facing the opposite side, you crossed your arms over your chest with a pout, before laying down in your place facing the opposite side as well, and making sure there was a sufficient distance between the two of you. Being tired, especially after the talk you just had with Itachi, you closed your eyes drifting off to sleep quickly.
Unlike you, it was hard for Itachi to fall asleep after all what you said, because he knew it was all right...there was a reason. He flipped on his back staring at the ceiling for a while, then taking a look at you as you slept beside him, too many questions were filling his head, the most important one...where have you been all this time [name]?

He flipped on his side facing your back then moving closer to you, seeing that you have fallen asleep, he gently pulled the blanket up covering you, whispering a goodnight to you, then moving back to his place closing his eyes to get some sleep.

It was past midnight when you opened your eyes.
You tried not to faint or scream finding yourself snuggling to the Uchiha's chest looking for warmth, as he rested his chin on your head, some of his hair found it's way around your neck tickling you as you could feel his regular breathing on your head. You were pulling the covers closer to you while Itachi didn't seem to be bothered as only his lower part has been covered.
You slowly tried to look up at him in the darkness, you couldn't see anything but he seemed deep asleep, you wanted to move away from him before he wakes up but something pulled you strongly to him, you ended up just closing your eyes and enjoying the warmth as you had fallen asleep again, while a small smile appeared on the Uchihas face as he opened his eyes shortly then continued his sleep.