4

If he had known what plan his newly encountered acquaintance had in his head, he wouldn't have sacrificed a 2-hour boring yet simple activity they were supposed to be having in the gym for this tiring journey Yeonjun called as 'sneaking out'.

It wasn't technically sneaking out though since they're still inside the parameters of the facility but they're practically out of the building.

Or more like on the building since Yeonjun managed to get Soobin to come with him at the facility's rooftop.

Soobin didn't know why he agreed when the guy asked him to get out of the gym, basically asking him to ditch their treatment, which he never once missed by the way (since Namjoon will very much likely nagged him for hours), but here he is now, at the top of the stairs, with Yeonjun who's about to open the door with that excited look on his face.

He wonders how things as simple as going to the rooftop could make Yeonjun giddy and glad. Because to be honest, nothing really excite him in the way he used to before that he barely recognize the feeling. He wants to be as thrilled as Yeonjun but this tiny bit of slug inside him doesn't allow him to.

Maybe Yeonjun has the same kind of slug but he is actually trying to fight it that's why he's still able to feel lots of things. Excitement, for example.

In Soobin's case however, it all faded. He let the black slug suck everything out of him already. He let it consume him in a way he couldn't go back to being whole again because a huge part of him is already gone. And there's no way for it to find itself back.

Even if it does somehow, Soobin doubts he'll ever accept it back. He's already far too deep. Too far gone.

"Come on! Hurry!" Yelled the boy. Soobin could only glare at his oblivious back for snapping him out of his thoughts as he followed where the boy is going.

The both of them stood at the open place of the rooftop. There were potted plants at some corner and the concrete was hard underneath their feet. Soobin had only been there a few times in his earlier stay in the facility and never went back again, completely explaining why he looked a little amused at what he's seeing.

No doubt, the rooftop improved a lot from what he could recall.

A tug on the arm was then felt by Soobin and he glanced beside him to see the brown haired boy, eager to show him something. Yeonjun dragged him by the wrist hastily but he didn't budge, causing the latter's hand to fall and envelope his.

This resulted both males to gaze at their intertwined hands and stop.

Soobin felt his heart skipped a beat for a moment and no— it isn't the kind he usually feels because of his sudden pain attacks. It's— it's different in a way he can't explain and honestly, he doesn't want to know why.

It's been a long while since someone hold his hand like this. He forgot how comforting it feels. He forgot the warmth it brings. He forgot the feeling of someone else's touch against his.

He forgot to let go.

The time Soobin was having an uncalled recollection, Yeonjun was planning something else. He admits he likes the feeling of Soobin's soft hand on his. He's always been one for affection and skinships but perhaps he found the one who he wants to be affectionate with–

No, Yeonjun. You can't think like that.

His subconscious was screaming for him to retract his hand back and get himself together but this small whisper at the back of his head was telling him to hold on tighter and never let go.

And that's exactly what he did.

He let go of Soobin's hand for a second, only to interlock it better with his.

The taller male looks at him with a baffled expression but doesn't complain. Yeonjun only gives him a smile and proceeds to drag him to where this thing he wants to show Soobin was located.

It would be a lie to say that Soobin didn't like the action.