08; Late Night Confessions

Next morning, before heading into work, Noelle made another stop first; the 54th Precinct. She walked into the building, wrapping her arms around herself and pulling the dark-colored blazer tighter when a blast of cold air hit when she had opened the door.

As she got closer to Danny's desk, she noticed it was empty, causing her to let out a sigh and her shoulders to drop in disappointment. She stood by it and glanced around for a moment to look for him, but saw his partner, Jackie, instead, causing her to flash her a quick smile and a wave.

Jackie ended her conversation with a fellow officer, then made her way over toward Noelle, calling out a friendly greeting.

"I take it you're here for Danny?"

"Yeah, is he in?" Noelle questioned.

"Yeah, he's in the middle of something though." Jackie nodded her head toward the interrogation room. "He's talking to the driver."

"Wait, the driver?" Noelle looked away from the windows of the room to Jackie. "You mean the driver Jamie saw? That's him?"

"He IDed him." Jackie nodded.

Noelle looked over at the windows again, seeing Danny yelling at the man sitting at the table, then blew out a breath. "I wish this meant this was all over for Jamie, but criminals tend to not fess up."

"No, they don't," Jackie said, agreeing with her. "It would make our jobs a lot easier if they did."

"And probably keep Danny out of trouble," Noelle joked, knowing how hot-headed he is. He was constantly pushing it as far as he could to get the answers he needed.

"Yeah, like that would happen." Jackie laughed. "Let me ask you something...was he always like this?"

"Yeah, pretty much." Noelle nodded. "The stories I could tell you."

"Oh, story time!" Jackie said excitedly as she sat down at her desk. "Lay 'em on me."

Noelle let out a laugh as she sat down on Danny's desk chair, then began to tell her some stories from their past. She was in the middle of telling the cast iron story when Danny walked out of the interrogation room with an annoyed look on his face.

He couldn't get anything out of the prep and time was running out to question him since his sister dropped by the day before and told him he had to cut the man loose.

As Danny walked closer to his desk, he saw his partner leaned back in her chair talking to someone, but couldn't see who it was at first since he didn't have a clear shot of his desk yet.

When Jackie saw him getting closer, she nodded toward Noelle. "Hey, hardhead, you got another visitor."

He came to a stop at his desk, finally seeing the brunette sitting in his chair. Between seeing her and the nickname his partner gave him, he knew that meant Noelle had told her about hitting him in the head.

He looked over at Jackie. "She told you, huh?"

"You mean about being hit in the head with a frying pan then crying like a little girl?" Jackie questioned. "Yeah, she told me."

"It wasn't a frying pan, it was a cast iron skillet," Danny corrected.

"Either way, you cried." Jackie stood up from her chair. "Anything else make you cry other than pans and E. T?" she asked, referring to when his sister had visited and spilled the beans about him getting teary-eyed during the movie.

"Yeah, yeah, get out of here," Danny said back, causing her to laugh as she walked away to get back to working on the case.

After she was gone, Danny turned his attention to Noelle, motioning for her to get out of his seat. After she stood up, he blew out a breath and sat down in the chair. He didn't even have to ask why she was there.