Chapter 3: Nevermind

"Is it a coincidence that your name is Phantom Monkey?"

"What? No! Of course no..., You'll know my user name in the right moment, if there is a moment, though", He seems to panic.

"Alright then, nevermind", I just don't want to bother this guy anymore.

"So, bye" as he draws a card from his deck, there is a unique sound effect when he draws the card, "marked point teleportation", then a portal open and eat him up as he vanished.

Now, I am on my own, but first, I need to get back to the real world.

"Logout!"

The world around me collapsing again into the void, but this time, the light is fading in as my vision going back to normal where I was before. I intend to go back to the man who gives me the deck. But when I look back, he vanished. There is only a set of clothing left where he was, but there is nothing else. I don't know what to do, then I decide to continue what I was doing, going home.

.
.
.

At home, when I lay on my bed. I decided to look at the deck, the transparent card that sucks me to the other world. I just noticed that the card actually has thin blurred circuits inside the card. Suddenly, I got curious, what happened on the other side.

"Login"

I saw a light circle growing from the tip of my feet, unraveling the void. Then the circle moves up to my head, erasing the real world while switching my body into the robotic body that I choose before. I feel the gravitation is reset, just like I stand on my feet. Slowly, the gravitation pulls me down and makes me stand up perfectly. The vision fading in, I can see my surroundings. I am in an abandoned building, yeah, my room in another dimension. I decided to look out of the window, I saw a group of people fighting a monster, a giant squirrel this time. I think my position is hidden, so I think it is a perfect time to check my deck. I raise my wrist just so I can see the deck clear enough. When I touch the deck, the deck are glowing just like you unlocking your smartphone. The screen shows the menu horizontally.

On the deck, there are basically the game menus, like a quest, map, contact, store, profile, and one eye-catching icon of cards in the middle bottom of the screen. I open the quest menu, there are two columns, an active quest, and a finished quest. I notice there is no active quest on it, but when I open the finished quest, I saw a bunch of finished quests that I have. I don't know why, but, I haven't finished any quest just yet. Okay then I move on to the next menu, I close the previous menu by sliding the screen downward then the screen shows the main menu, somehow, it's natural. Then I open the map icon, The map shows me the actual map of my surrounding up to 10Km radius. Then I checked the next menu, contact. As I expect, no contact at all, but there is an add button on the right bottom of the screen, I open that menu, and the screen is showing me a text.

"Who are you looking for?"

Then I said

"Phantom Monkey"

Then, the screen change into,

"Player added, now you can track his position and communicate with a direct channel, you can access the direct channel by the command [direct channel] followed by [the player name]"

Actually, I am speechless, because that name actually exists, not much people using that user name, and the only one that I know who is using that user name is Tom. My curiosity bulging up and I cannot hold my self to contact him. But my guts told me not to do it, so I restrain myself and continue my exploration. This time, my guts told me to open the card icon that on the middle bottom of the screen. I swipe it up. The screen changes into a card view, but there is a message on top of it.