Chapter 7: This is how you do it!

"What is that?" I ask Tom.

"Beautiful dagger, it can return to your hand if you throw it!" Tom answered full of spirit.

"Well good for you, you'll be the attacker and I'll support you from behind!"

"Okay, I need you to hide on the tree, I'll use a detection skill, we will know people's location but they will know my location. So, stay hidden!" Tom seems to get serious about the event.

I move as fast as I can to the top of the tree, hidden between its branch. Then Tom drawing an uncommon card from his deck.

"[Hunter scent]" He whispered to activate the skill card. A wave of red light coming out from Tom scanning the surrounding. All living beings are highlighted in red, small animals, beast, and players. Then the scanner catches 2 players at 1 o'clock from our location, approximately they are 100 meters away from us. The players that have been highlighted is moving toward our direction. Tom moves and hides his presence behind a tree around 11 o'clock. After 10 seconds the highlight is gone, my scope hasn't caught any movement from the enemies' direction they covered by trees all over us. With my full focus, I try to scan their direction with my sight, but suddenly that familiar voice speaks to me.

"Hey kid, you good? I like your weapon choice, but I think I need to take care of things here!". That is that old man's voice. I speak with my mind with him so no one can hear me speaking to myself.

"No no no! Don't ruin the fun, Old man. I'm just about to enjoy this game!"

"This game is not to enjoy, but to win!" he said forcefully

"I'll let you handle it once I cannot do it, I promise, I'll help you!"

"That's a deal! My name is Kojiro, so you don't call me an old man anymore!"

The conversation with him makes me lose focus, when I realize it, the enemies are sneaking behind trees at 12 and 2 O'clock. Tom seems to haven't noticed them and so do they, but I can see the full view from up here. They are so close, they are looking for us. I take my aim and align the crosshair to a player at 2 o'clock. BANG! headshot. One player down and the other player is looking for me according to the shot noise. I quickly try to move from the tree, but that player sees me. He chases me with full speed until a dagger flies toward his head and stick just right there. Tom moves from left to right, which makes the dagger shakes and penetrate that player's head then return to Tom's hand.

"That's cool, right? I love this weapon!" Said Tom celebrating.

"Ssh! Someone gonna hears us!" I whispered loudly to silent Tom.

"Ups, I am so excited! Oh, why don't you shoot the player near me? It would be a lot easier!"

"And giving the farthest player an advantage? With that distance, he can prepare a strategy, move to a vantage point, snipe the both of us, or escape and call reinforcement."

"Alright... Alright, enough with your strategy, I understood. I am sorry."

"No need to be sorry, bud."

"But even if that player does calling a reinforcement, it would not be more than 3 other players, maximum party member is 5 in here."

"Reinforcement is reinforcement, and if we are fucked up, we are fucked up. You said our death here will affect our real body, right?"

"That's not what I mean. I believe two of us can handle anything! Do you know how hard it is to play a game alone without no one can help you? and I survive that! I believe with you are being here, it makes everything a lot easier. But still, after we reach the top 50 we'll forfeit from this match" Tom trying to remind me of the deal earlier.

"I think I want to win this match."

"What? are you crazy? there are a lot of people stronger than us! Hmm. We better move before the zone is shrinking."

"What about the loot?"

"I got a Principe where I don't loot the enemies who are too easy for me to defeat."

"But at least, you can get another scanner and I can get some ammo!"

"FINE! let's do it"

We loot the body by taking off their deck, with that, we can scroll through the whole inventory of that player. The deck doesn't have any limit so when Tom has finished choosing his loot, I move everything to my deck. We look at the sky, the sky is our only clue regarding the shrinking zone. Currently, we are moving to the north and the zone is shrinking toward the northeast, we change our direction a little bit.

We reach the end of the forest, I can see a lot of tall buildings in front of me. They are all abandoned, trees and grass growing all over the place. From that 'city', I can hear a gunshot and a sound of metal clashing to each other, a sword fight maybe. There is a battle between players in that ruined city, I would say, a lot of players. Suddenly, we sense a presence near us, from 4 o'clock. I am aiming my [medusa] and Tom is throwing his dagger toward that person. But the person catches the dagger with only 2 fingers.

.

.

.