Chapter 8: Imagine the world without this!

"Calm down, dude." That suspicious person speaks in a high pitch voice, feels like she is a girl.

"Who are you? this gun cannot be stopped with two fingers!" I threaten her.

"I am not your enemy. I am here as a scavenger. Looting dead body, and selling the loot in the market at a low price. I am not aiming to win the match, I just enjoying the show before I can loot them all." She explains. While she explaining, I observing her equipment. She seems wearing a stealth armor that can nullify her presence, no weapon on sight and her character's body is smaller than me.

"Umm can you return my dagger?" Tom timidly asking.

"Sure" She responds, then the dagger flies back to Tom's hand.

"Are you scavenger or a player?" That person asks calmly, but her hand is placed on her deck. She seems to get ready to attack us.

"Calm down, we are player we'll not interfere with your business." I try to avoid conflict with her because she seems pretty strong.

"If you are a player, you are a customer then! Add me to your contact, Tiger Lily.  I am a merchant and mercenary. Contact me anytime you need something or anything! I'll give you a good price!" She explains fully of excitement.

"Psst, I think we just meet a door-to-door-salesman," Tom whispered to my ear.

"Oh sure-sure. I'll add you right away..." I just ignore Tom and open my deck. I choose contact option then choose the add friend option.

"Tiger Lily", I said to input the player's name. Tiger lily quickly checks her deck and scroll it really far.

"Mr. H? Right?" She said.

"Yup, my initial is H," I said

"Right! Don't worry, I will keep my client's name a secret. So no one can mess with my client! If there is anyone who offers their name as a merchant or mercenary, please just reject them. I will make sure that I am the best around here!"

"Okay-okay...", I replied.

"Well, better keep going! and good luck!" said Tiger Lily as she jump and using invisibility skill.

"Yup, I think we are in luck we don't meet the kill leader in this game" said Tom full of relief.

"Yet" I continue.

"Um right! well the zone will shrink soon, let's get moving" said Tom.

We move to the east where the approximate center of the zone. Our direction lead right to the city where the fighting was heard before. A lot of corpses are laying here and there.

"Should we get moving or we have sometime to loot?" I asked Tom.

"We should get moving, but I think it is safe to loot, I'll use my Hunter Scent skill first" Tom said as he draw the [Hunter Scent] and use it.

The skill didn't catch any lifeform.

"So? is it okay?" I make sure to Tom.

"Well, yes, but make it quick!" Tom replies.

I quickly running around just to transfer all the leftover from all the dead players' deck. On my last deck search, Tom giving me signal that the zone is shrinking.

We continue to run toward the center of the zone. We encounter several party, but we decide to hide and let them pass through because our objective is not to defeat as much player as we can, but to survive as long as we can. Until once again the zone shrink again. I check on my mini map to see how big is the zone now, approximately it only have 1km diameter. There are 13 people surviving, but we didn't know how much party are there. One party can consist of 2 to 5 people, approximately it would be 3 to 6 party left including our party.

The zone right now is located around a city building. It actually harder since all building can be entered through all accessible opening in the building. We chose the highest building and climb to the roof top and hoping we can spot enemy from the top.

"I hear footsteps!" Tom warns me.

I scan the surrounding with my scope while Tom turn invisible and guard the stairs. From a far I see 2 squad one squad consist of 4 player the other one consist of 5 player. The 5 player squad seems have a uniform armor, typical a black trench coat and they are wearing similar helmet with one and another, but each of them have different symbol on their face. For a moment I thought they are power ranger. The 4 player squad seems have their own taste, wearing armor and weapon that match each of their preference, I guess. As I observe, I think the 4 player squad have spotted the power ranger squad, they seems preparing to ambush, one of them draw a sniper, another one seems busy preparing skill, and the other two have disappeared. They seems have the same skill card as Tom.

I hear a creaking noise from behind me, the stairs door is open, and there are two players thath seem shocked to see me on the edge of the building.

.

.

.