Seventeen

"Can I sleep over here? My friend says he has someone coming over so I can't stay at his place. The others said so too. "

Can couldn't believe himself, he was like stupefied by his own doing. Needless to say, he lost his damn mind. He definitely had a place to go but still asked Tin.

Why?

Why?

Can someone tell him why because no matter how he think of it. He couldn't find a logical reason. On the other hand, Tin offered first so it was like taking up to his offer and he was still asking so it was still up to him whether to let Can or not sleepover. He was hoping the former though. Speaking of which, Can took a gander at Tin. He saw the corner of his mouth curved up, it may look conceited for some but for someone who had seen his elusive expressions, Can knew it was far from it.

"Sure. "

As simple as that, Can exhaled the air he never knew he was holding.

Can was sitting on the floor while leaning on the center table at Tin's living room, with his texts all over the place. Tin disappeared into the kitchen few minutes ago, after leaving him a mathematical problem to solve. The problem wasn't difficult, Tin showed him how and gave him new variables to solve on his own. The thing is, his brain was elsewhere. Can was still too hard on himself for he had no idea what kind of bullshit came to his mind for asking Tin if he can sleepover at his place. He has been reciting internally the reasons why it was better. First, he doesn't know when this tutoring will be over. Second, Tin offered. Third, he wanted to.

Can shook his head left and right as if it was going to shake his ridiculous thoughts away. He didn't want to, of course. He didn't have any choice, and it was logical to just stay the night since he was there already.

"You better stop thinking of me because at this rate, you'll finish this problem next year." Can bobbed his head to see Tin looming over him from behind, his arms caged him on his place, eyes on the textbook.

Can, heaving in a breathe, searched for words, he felt like his heart was on his throat, preventing him to speak. He was still unable to process what the pale man had said. The proximity of their faces bothered him, making him unable to retort back at his sarcasm. He took his eyes off Tin, and followed his gaze instead.

It took him only a micro mini second to gape in awe, and scold himself for being so stupid again for he saw Tin's name scribbled on his notes, creating a chaotic page on the paper, overlapping the numbers his tutor had written prior. Can had unconsciously written Tin's name over and over again while he was in deep thoughts.

Can crampled the paper at once, and dove himself towards the table to cover the papers as if it will lessen his embarrassment. Hiding his face from Tin. "I-it wasn't yours. I-i me-aan, i-it wasn't your n-name. "

"Right, " he heard Tin replied.

"Yo-you're not the o-only Tin in the world, " he mumbled against the table, making it hard for Tin to hear him.

"I agree, " Tin's tone was if he was truly in agreement, but Can knew the latter was just waiting for a timing to taunt him and he hated himself for subjecting himself to it.

"So forget it. " biting his lips, though he knew it was futile to even ask, he did anyway.

"Nope, "

He was just so embarrassed that he didn't want to be teased by it. Knowing Tin, he wouldn't let it pass up. Can pulled his head up, swallowing an air, ears and cheek beet red, he pouted and begged, "Please? "

Tin took a few moments gazing at Can before he chuckled and pinched his cheek. "Okay. "

"Tha-thanks, " Can smiled nervously.

"For now, " the tone Tin used promised of torture for Can later, but he didn't care. He'd rather handle it later than now where everything was fresh and he hadn't thought of a better defense for his case yet. He'll be fully prepared later.

Despite his steadfast refusal, Can found himself in Tin's bedroom and sitting on Tin's bed, holding Tin's extra clothes and Tin's new set of underwear. The latter insisted that they sleep in his room because the other bedrooms weren't cleaned. Also,  his attempt to convince Tin to let him sleep in the couch of his living room was outright rejected for a reason he forgot. All he remembered was he rested his case for it was difficult to win an argument with a business major who was used to debate.

Tin stepped out of the bathroom wearing a cotton black jogger and a white top "Your turn, "

Can put his phone down at his bedside table, gathering all he needed, he walked past Tin to shower. He did it quick for he wanted to lay down and sleep. All the math problems had his brain completely drained - he knew only sleep can recharge him.

"A guy name Techno called. " Can stopped on his track, locked his gaze towards Tin who was sitting on his bed, Can felt all his blood dried up. He almost stumbled as he quickly strode towards Tin who was holding his phone up with a mischievous smile on his face. "He asked what time are you coming over? "

Tin's reflex was quicker than Can for he was able to sway his hand away as Can tried to snatch his phone from his grip. "Also, your bed is ready. "

Can was starting to regret the lies he weaved earlier cause it's now coming to haunt him. "And he's sleepy so please come quick." Tin continued in a teasing manner.

Can was busted, he knew it. There's no way out so might as well just get his phone back and sleep it off. He had enough embarrassment for tonight, enough for him to last a lifetime. Looking at Tin's hand, where his phone was tightly gripped by him, he launched himself towards him causing the latter to fall on the bed, with Can on top and legs in-between Tin's.

Oh.

Oh.

Their gaze met, they both held it for a little long while— both were taken aback, unable to move. Silence filled the room until Tin spoke, slowly and clearly.

"You like me. "